• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• sdlTBfanUK
      Don't I feel a fool letting it happen again. I have ut one of those strip thermometers on the tank now (they are actually quite accurate by the looks) and it is a tank close to where I usually am and the new heater has the flashing temperature on the heater so it is very unlikely to happen again. The shrimps seem fine (bloody mary) and yesterday I saw all the Ember tetras and 1 neon tetra so I only lost a few neon tetras by the looks of it, so it isn't as bad as I first thought? I shall look into the temperature controllers now though! They don't seem to sell them from my usual seller but I may ask him to consider getting some, he sells everything else! Simon
    • jayc
      Pics!! Please?   Oh no, not again! when are you going to invest in that temperature controller thing I recommended? It's piece of mind if not anything else.  
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Fantastic news and you must be so happy, long may it last and you must have got it all sorted! I had another heater disaster 2 days ago, stuck on and temperature got to about 32, it was my oldest tank and the bloody mary shrimps seem to be none the worse but I lost almost all the tetras, and those few that survived aren't acting usual, d'oh! New heater in place and it has a flashing light that shows the temperature so that shouldn't happen again in the future, hopefully/theory anyway! Simon
    • Steensj2004
      Update:  Babies! BABIES everywhere!    that is all.....
    • WhySoCRS
      I have one of these also, except it's empty, sitting down the side of the house collecting dirt, dust and rain when we actually have some.   Was a good shrimp tank to have.