Anyone used this glue?

OzShrimp

i use  "Selleys Quick Fix Super Glue - 5 Pack" handy little 1ml bad boys works a charm :)

i just looked the selleys up before seems pricey, normally i use the $2 stuff lol

i think the little 5pack is like $5.50 from bunnings. haha yeah i got some from my local junk shop and it failed me so i stick to selleys

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aqua-World-Aquarium-Cyanoacrylate-Adhesive-Glue-Coral-Frags-Moss-Rocks-Driftwood-/201334268342

Looking at glueing moss to stainless steel instead or fishing line for ease of doing so. Came across this and wondering if anyone has used it  ?

That makes me laugh. Special aquarium glue.....Cyanoacrylate = super glue. 

I find the gel type superglues are the easiest to work with. Cost more but you end up using less at a time anyway as you can be super precise where you put the glue. One thing to watch out for is that some manufacturers make their tubes longer than everyone elses and charge extra BUT if you look closely the weights are exactly the same - 30g. So you are paying extra for a empty bit of tube! 

am i reading right here? standard superglue is safe for aquarium use ?

Yeah been used for ages to attach plants and mosses in tank :) some of them do go a white colour though

Edited by OzShrimp

am i reading right here? standard superglue is safe for aquarium use ?

Correct. Once it sets, super glue is completely inert. 

if you attach it to moss you may experience the attached part go brown but not all the time.

I have attached heaps of plants with no ill effects

• Like 1