Crossing blue colour variations

Matuva

I have read and understood that mixing/interbreeding different colours will end having brown wild type shrimps.

Though, what if I breed a black/blue cherry with a blue carbon rilli? better blue carbon, or again brownish results?

Would think that both originating from the choc gene pool you should be ok.Blue /black are are from the blacks and as far as I know so are carbon rilli.Will also depend how true each are breeding as with choc bloodlines you can get anything and everything if left unchecked.

Thanks for the input. I will try anyways if I can have some carbon rili, nothing to lose:  I have only a couple of black/blue left, and unfortunately, it seems the male doesn't know his job... or might be infertile...

Thought here may be a good place to ask, are there any good guides for determining what blues you have?

My eyesight is crap for our blue tank, seems we have some blue diamond, blue dreams, and blue velvets. Be great to know for sure

They were sold to me as Black/blue diamond shrimps.

They are very dark, even close to black, but you can see a very nice deep blue when they come to light

The male is almost black with a creamy coloured racing stripe, and I'm almost suspicious about him: he rather look to be a black/chocolate rather than a black blue...

Update: the female is berried, finally... I cross fingers

Edited by Matuva
  • Like 1