White cloud?

Zorba

A question for the plant heads

I have pellia (monoselum tenerum) growing on a s/s pad. It has only just been tied and there appears to be a opaque cloud starting to cover it. It is in a small 25l tank with a small sponge filter operating from one end

I do not have a heater in this tank and there is no substrate , should I set up a small hang on filter to create more water movement? I have put a small airstone at the opposite end now to give the water more movement

There is no shrimp or fish in this tank. I have just dosed the tank with snail rid to clean it up and after the recommended period I will remove the plants , tip out the water, and give the tank a good clean before setting it up again

I am sorry but don't have pics

What do you think it could be?

Cheers

Andy

With out seeing it and being there, may be the snail rid nocked it off and most a copper based and some plants don't take copper at all.

Best way to rid your self of snails is a Clown loach or a Pakistan loach, they do the job well, just don't feed them to much so they do there job = eat snails, snails are not that much of a problem if you are not over feeding the tank either, I know you don't have any thing in it but when you have a out break in a tank full of critters the Loach mob will do it and moderation on food as well.

Bob

Hi Bob

Sorry , but I forgot to mention that the opaque haze or cloud was there before I added the snail rid. Perhaps what I see could be some of the pellia dying off?

Should pellia be placed near light water current or does it not like any movement?

By the way after just one day I have not seen a single snail, come the weekend I will clean the tank and set it up again

Hard to say mate, keep an eye on it and cross fingers. In the wild pellia grows in moving water that I have seen any way and heavy shade, but heavy shade in nature = reasonably high light in aquariums, there is no lights as bright as the sun yet.

Bob

Thanks for the feedback Bob,

so I have placed a airstone nearby and hope that it likes the water movement? Maybe the whole tank needs it. I just don't think a sponge filter on its own is good enough

Looks like a trip to the shop for either a small canister filter or small hang on filter with a flow adjuster

Cheers

Edited by Zorba

Another thing I forgot to mention was I was dosing the tank with easy life carbo , perhaps the pellia doesn't like it ? Anyway I have stopped using it in this tank and see how things go