My mixed reef and fishroom :)

Eshrimp

Just add Clowns and it's perfect!! :wave:

Awesome ! Wowee, is that a haddon carpet anemone ? Colour is tan/brown... Before anyone says it, 1st dibs :-)

When we bought it, it was the size of 20c pece and sold o us as a minimaxi. 6 months later this is what we have! She is about 25cm in diameter and has gone on walk about a couple of times. I would call her color light yellow, deff not brown or green but her yellow does get better after i feed her for sure (she is crazy crazy sticky and reacts fast to food) and i think she is basically a juvi compared to full grown ones.

Bb if you really want her PM me mate.

Carpet anemones are awesome, when I worked in a LFS I watched one climb the glass & spread out across the surface facing down & let go, floating down & landing on a sleeper goby! Didn't think they could hunt like that but couldn't stop watching. Also, careful letting them brush against the soft skin on the inside of your arms, did that once & it really stung for ages, the nematocysts on the carpets can really pack a punch! :worried:

BB, that anemone is going to be far to big for your tank, they live wild around me and we have found them in excess of two feet, they don't stay small for long :p. You would be better of going for another host anemone.

Eshrimp, do you have a picture of that orange rimmed ric? It looks beautiful.

You must be a pro at water changes and not even spill a drop. Either that or you have a very understanding, patient and forgiving wife.

:encouragement:

BB' date=' that anemone is going to be far to big for your tank, they live wild around me and we have found them in excess of two feet, they don't stay small for long :p. You would be better of going for another host anemone.[/quote']

Boooo, what a party pooper :rofl:

Eshrimp, he's unfortunately right.....but I'm trying to get a collection of carpet anemones....and if they get too big, planned to learn how to dissect them......BUT with everything I do, I LOVE rare and difficult animals.....so besides red, blue, green, purple and tan.....what other colours is there. Is your anemone considered a haddons anemone......sorry for my ignorance, just trying to catch up on being 25+ years away from the marine world...

Well bb she was sold to me as a mini maxi which she clearly is not, but from looking up Haddons just now she deff looks like one.

• 4 months later...

Hi gang, well this is a quick update on our fish room. Both racks have now been converted to shrimp tanks and are running two schego pumps per rack and one Fluval G3 per tank so now we should be able to keep most types of shrimp as budget alows.

We also added a tv over the marine tank and a tablet pc to control the Neptune Apex and Vertex lights from the marine tanks. Im sooo lucky yo have a wife that loves the hobbie as well

Enjoy.

04C0833E-9C33-44DC-9B0D-E0F8106A35D4.jpg

887B4040-FA3D-4B5E-A5C7-43823A0131D0.jpg

FEB1B167-6E1D-4CCC-AD9B-8FEC1CFBE207.jpg

Very cool dude, love the purple tang & the yellow tang(tangs are awesome!) I really like flame hawks too, they always find a cheeky perch to swim out & snatch up any food. :thumbsu:

OK your fishroom is now officially my entry in the "rack your brains" ultimate shrimp rack/room competition! Damn that is nice!

• Like 1

It is the ultimate fish room. You are blessed to have such a wonderful wife.

This room is inspirational mate! Well done!

Loooove the set up...the attention to details is amazing. Your marine tank is incredible....f I could have a purple tang in my tank, I'd have one in a heartbeat. It's gorgeous :-)

What happen to the haddoni anemone ?

• HOF Member

Wow that marine tank has changed since I was last there!!!!! Can't wait to come and play again!!!!!

Thanks guys! Yes i am a very very lucky man but most of this could not have happened without all of your great advice and support.

BB the hem went to a local collector and I'm told she is now 4 times the size lol.

Ineke, for sure come over, all the critters miss you!

• Like 1

Seen this in real life, great setup and there are a few more tanks too. Love the TV. Now you are really set. Catch up soon. 

Edited by manyshrimp

Hey mate,

what was the initial outlay for that tank, i went over the thread again and noticed you said the setup is stock standard?

I spoke a fish shop when i was in sydney and was told it would cost me $1000 per ft of tank full setup but have seen that aquaone and red sea do big marine setups but not exactly sure about them ? 

Depends on your addiction but $1k per ft sounds reasonable......for STD coral etc, more rare and exotic ones do get quite expensive....the equipment outlay isn't too bad especially once you go with the red sea type setup..... 

The new Aquaone aquareef tanks are just AMAZING!!! For about 2500 you get literally THE LOTT of all equipment and LED lights in a rimless tank 4ft. So to answer your question, my tank bought new (old style Aquareef 400) cost me about 2000 then add your coral and live rock as your budget allows. if you are considering it really go have a look at these new AR400 they look like a cade tank on steroids!!!! My wife is actually continplating switching or crs display to one of these tanks.

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• sdlTBfanUK
      I have just done the planned weekly maintenance and 10% water change and everything 'seems' to be going very well, I saw 12 blue and 9 panda shrimps so am very happy about that as there are always some hiding (and they are small) so there must be more than that at this point. Early days yet (especially with the off parameters) with the blues only been in the tank for a week and the pandas for 2 weeks. Not seen any dead ones yet and the shrimp seem happy enough and beautiful colour and pattern, all small so must be young! Parameters were TDS 159, GH 7-8, KH 1-2, PH 7 yesterday so still a bit off the usual ideal! Hopefully these figures come down slowly in time, I used pure RO water for the water change so Tds should drop 10. I will get a different PH test kit with a narrower range/increments as the one I have measures in .5 increments over a wide range which is probably a bit much. I bought these shrimp because the sellers parameters (PH 6.8) were the closest to mine so hopefully it will work out long term. I changed my zerowater filter as well, as the old one was measuring TDS 6 so passed its best. I will definitely overnight drip acclimate shrimp in the future, not that I plan any more in the forseeable future. I will add/edit photo when available, hopefully later today.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      All done now, I drip acclimated 11 blue bolts and 6 blue steel overnight and they are now in the tank so now is just wait and see if this works. 28 shrimps have now been put in and I have yet to SEE a dead one so fingers crossed! A couple of pictures of some below; I don't plan on buying any more shrimp so plan this to be a blue shrimp tank, though if it doesn't work out I have seen some female bettas I would like, but hopefully the shrimps will work out. The water parameters are still the same as before, so a bit off! I need to sort out what foods and shrimp stuff I have in the drawers and cupboard tomorrow as it's been a while, hopefully I find a shrimp lolly so I can give them one/part of those tomorrow, and it may bring as many of the shrimps out as possible.  Fingers crossed everyone...........  
    • NoGi
    • jayc
      LoL. Just look back at old posts on the forum.  
    • NoGi
      New, when i left i shut down everything. This is my first tank back. I've forgotten so much lol