Hello from Adelaide...

Eshrimp

Hi guys my name is Emanuel and this is my first shrimp tank. I have been in to aquariums for as long as I can remember and this shrimp venture as gotten me hooked already.

As it is my first shrimp tank I look forward to all of your feedback on it, so far I have been lucky enough to have some of my females producing baby's so I guess I'm doing something right lol.

Looking forward to your feedback on my set up, here is a bit of a run down on it:

Tank=60lt

Light= t8(24w) soon to be led's

Filter= 700lt canister with sponge filter on inlet

Substrate= 80% Elos black terra 20% up aqua black shrimp

Deco= driftwood, java moss, peacock moss, riccia and. HC

C44DC6C8-A7A9-4D56-A8F4-5B59AAFE8BC3-15588-00000447C4D947FB.jpg

Here is a shot of my Marine ;)

337656c7.jpg

this is my planted :) w/discus and Lplecos

1e618edc.jpg

Welcome to Shrimp Keepers Forum mate,

that is a very impressive set of tanks you have there :applause:

the shrimp tank is great just the way it is, the only thing i would say is that the riccia will become a pain in the but in time as it

breaks off and floats around everywhere. i would swap the riccia with some nice moss like Xmas that will stay reasonably small and compact

around the base of the driftwood. this will also give the babies a great place to hide..

that marine is SEXY.....

Yep im finding that ricia a pain on the but alredy lol i just wanted to mix it up a bit from mosses but i think i might choose some other type of ground covering plant. I might bring some blixa japonica from my planted to replace it. BTW Dean your web site is very cool and im planning on buying some stuff from there so keep a look out for my order lol

no problem mate, have you seen the Dwarf blyxa japonica? maximum height of about 10cm and looks very nice.

would look great in that tank.

Yep i grow and sell blixa to lfs as well as tiger lotus both red and green, that and breeding Rams and Ellioti pay for me and my wife's addiction to fish tanks lol

Welcome to the forum mate :)

Those tanks are all stunning! The marine is so colourful and beautiful, And I love the driftwood in the shrimp & planted tank.

Thanks heaps for sharing your tanks!

Hope you enjoy the forum & I look forward to reading your posts/threads.

wow what an introduction, love your tanks Eshrimp... do you have more tanks for your breeding setup's? so you've started by showing us the cream of the crop ;)

Hi Emanuel, welcom to SKF love your tanks,