Hi from Perth

Shrimpdream

Hi I'm Chen from Perth, bing keeping shrimp around 4 or 5 years, killing 1000's shrimp(shrimp killer:crushed:) still try to find way keep them alive and breed some quality shrimp, so I want learn more from you guys.

Now I only keep few crs , CBS and diffrent colors cherry shrimp.

Cheers

chen

Welcome to skf I'm sure you will find answer that your looking for here feel free to share pics and anything interesting

Hi Chen, Welcome to SKF.

i did hear about your loss mate and am sorry. i think you will find most of the answers here on the forum and what isnt already written can be

answered by members.

good to see you here mate.

heya chen..great to see u finally made it here.. good to see ya in skf.. welcome to the forum and enjoy..

Hi Chen, welcome :D

Hopefully you'll find some useful information here and will have better luck keeping the little guys in the future :)

Hi Chen, welcome to SKF, and great to have you share your experience and knowledge with us. We haven't met, but I ONLY hear good things about you..... so fantastic to have yet another quality member here ?

Welcome to the forum Serial Killer lol !

Hi Chen, welcome to the club mate, I think that there is not one of us here that has had massive amounts of deaths in our charges. i think that trying to keep them all allive is the most challenging task within our hobby. Keep positive.Regards

Welcome to skf, I'm another fellow shrimp killer but hopefully reformed now!

Thank you all. I hope I can learn a lot of things from you guys :D

I started with shrimp keeping from 1.5 ft tank (CRS) and went to 2ft then 3ft then 4ft. Got 5 shrimp tanks now and hopefully 6 ft on the way! One day I want to be like Dean too with lots of shrimp tanks

I had 3 big disasters during my shimp keeping. 1st year killed a whole tank full of golden, 2 nd year killed 4ft tank full of nice CRS shrimp - whole take away container full of dead shrimp body, 3rd year killed a whole tank of CBS (maybe thousands inside). 3 years hardworking, one night gone... But I never quit thanks to support from friends.

Now starting again.. Have a few hundred shrimp now. Hopefully will have a couple tank full of shrimp again by the end of the year.

breed the shrimp is easy but killing is even easier.. But never give up :congratulatory:

I'll post up some pics of my new shrimp tank a bit later for you guys to see but here is a link for a vid I took last year of one of my CBS tank

be careful what you wish for chen :) its many hours a day work, but i love it lol. refresh your browser !!!! surprise :applause:

great video also

the video is cool.. but i must say it was a hell of alot more impressive seeing it in person during feeding time..iiiinsane..

Welcome to SKF Chen. Shame about your shrimp endevours so far, but I'm glad to see you haven't lost your passion for shrimp.

You know why my shrimp died.. Because bred too many and I didn't want to get a chiller. Then they all died on one hot summer night. 3 years in a row.. Now I've learned my lesson and have invested in a chiller for this summer. Bred the shrimp is easy but when you have too many of them that is more problem:cower:.

haha..love fish and shrimp hobby.