Tapatalk - pic upload error

Foxpuppet

Tapatalk has a great feature that lets you share pics straight from your iPad/iPhone/tablet to its own server instead of having to use a third party like photobucket/imageshack etc.

But only on SKF do I get an error with using it. All other forums I access with tapatalk work fine. Can someone please look into it?

Upload fail

The upload failed, please contact a member of staff to rectify the problem

That's the exact message I get and just tried it again. Both for taking a pic or trying to use one from the photo gallery

For a regular member, the file size limit is set to 2MB which should be plenty. For mine, it even asks what size to upload the image.

Tried also with my iPad, no good so must be issue with my account.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just had this same issue with another forum where it used to work fine for me before and it didn't this time. Kept telling me to update tapatalk.

When I went to the App Store to update I couldn't find my installed one. Looks like they have launched a new version of the app which doesn't update the old one. Removed old app and added the new one and all is good again.

Your account looks fine on SKF as well, I've checked it out a few times already.

Just to be sure new tapatalk still uploads ok:

f3747e755e6801435f1ca009430fa5c0.jpg

Are you using pro? Tapatalk recently updated their app and dropped their pro line. I'm able to use pro to do certain photo uploads but it doesn't work for all. I've contact tapatalk about this... No response. HAHHAA

...I hate them...

• 1 month later...

I really dislike the new app but am pleased that it allows me to post pics directly finally.

I really dislike the new app but am pleased that it allows me to post pics directly finally.

You are not alone. You should check out the tapatalk forums at the number of people trying to get them to change it back. Also, if you paid for Tapatalk Pro, you should have VIP status so you don't get the ads. I hate the new app.

im on galaxy note 2 and I made a substantial post yesterday then used the attach photo option (take pic direct with camera and it crashed! grr very frustrating. also tapatalk crashes on meometimes when the screen auto-rotates. think im better off using web browser when I post a long post next time :-)

Sometimes it will save your post.

You are not alone. You should check out the tapatalk forums at the number of people trying to get them to change it back. Also, if you paid for Tapatalk Pro, you should have VIP status so you don't get the ads. I hate the new app.

i had tapatalk pro, how does one attain the bio status..... These ads are the pits! Edited by Foxpuppet

• 3 months later...

Tapatalk has a great feature that lets you share pics straight from your iPad/iPhone/tablet to its own server instead of having to use a third party like photobucket/imageshack etc.

But only on SKF do I get an error with using it. All other forums I access with tapatalk work fine. Can someone please look into it?

So, I've since found an issue with using the tapatalk server to host images. They open it for all to see via google indexing. This means that if you post to a private forum but choose to use them to host the image, the restrictions here on SKF don't apply as the image is external. Something to be aware off.

I'm also considering the future of tapatalk here on SKF as since they've changed ownership the focus on developing a quality product has gone down the drain. Some of the recent changes they've done are really terrible and causing many users and forum admins grief. Not to mention development for a version that supports the new forum software has not occurred.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

None really but the new site works well with mobiles so it kind of makes tapatalk redundant.

• Like 1