Hello from Sydney

MrShrimp

Hi everyone, I've heard Alot of good stuff about this website so I'm going to try it out. I am now keeping high grade CBS and CRS , blue and yellow cherries. I will be buying my first snow ball in a few days. I'm always looking for new breeds but it seems they are very hard to find. Can any one tell me how I can contribute to this website to access the Classifield . Thanks

Welcome to SKF,

glad you are hearing good things about the forum. sounds like a nice collection of shrimp you have already.

look forward to seeing some pics

Thx dean,loach,fishnoob23, fishmosy for ur reply. After my new tank cycles, I'll have more time to be on this forum. So much hardware n stuff to get ATM .

Welcome to SKF Andrew, would love to see some pics when you get your tank setup:D

To accsess the BSS you have to pay a small fee of $12.50 with goes towards keeping the forum running.

To find that you go to settings then look under my account and click on paid subscriptions.

:)

Hi Andrew ENJOY SKF the best forum for shrimp keepers

Welcome to skf mate enjoy your time here please feel free to ask as many questions as you want and to share pics and all of your info aswell

Hi Andrew! Welcome to SKF :D

Sounds like you have a great collection of shrimp there. I'd love to see some photos, especially when you get your new snowball! :p

Hey mate welcome to the forum.

I'm sure the place will live up to what you've been told. This really is an awesome forum!

To become a premium member and access the classifieds all you have to do is click the 'settings' tab up the top of the page and scroll down once settings page loads on the side menu until you find the 'paid subscriptions' link.

Look forward to reading your posts/threads. Welcome to the forum!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• beanbag
      One interesting thing he mentioned was "Bacteria pressure", which I guess just means number of bacteria around.  Yet I see all these other videos from shrimpkeepers bragging about how much bacteria their filtering system holds. Also interesting is no mention of using anti-biotics to treat bacterial infection.  I think that has fallen out of favor recently.
    • sdlTBfanUK
    • sdlTBfanUK
      It has been a few weeks now and I have done a couple of large water changes. I tested the water parameters this morning, GH6 and KH2, TDS 140 and PH 7.5. Obviously the PH is off but there isn't anything in the tank that should cause the PH to rise to this figure so I will just run the tank for another month with 10% weekly water changes (probably just with RO water) and see where we are at that point. The RO water tests at PH6, and the KH and GH in the tank could come down as they are at the upper limits for Caridina shrimps! There are only about 10 very small snails in there at this point, but they seem to be doing well enough.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I believe these to be very rare in Australia so you may even consider making it a longer term plan and produce your own by starting with the best CRS you can get as that is where the pure lines started! Depends how patient and interested in the project you are, but would save money as well? If I recall correctly it takes from 8 generations of selective breeding? They sell them at micro aquatic shop but do not ship to Western Australia, but that means they are available in Australia. https://microaquaticshop.com.au/products/pure-red-line-grade-ss-shrimp Good luck and just maybe smeone on here may point you in the right direction or be able to supply you with some.
    • Jimmy
      Hi Guys,  Does anyone know where to buy PRL shrimps in WA, not the CRS please. Thanks Regards