Ready to Go Shrimp/Fish Breeding Tanks Setup ....

BlueBolts

Aquotix (LFS in Perth), recently imported this breeding setup, specifically for guppies, shrimp breeders etc....

post-1-139909846398_thumb.png

Sprae, all you need is to convince the Mrs that you want just one more tank, it'll look just like the household furniture, and then get this one ! LOL ...

post-24-139909857591_thumb.jpg

OMG! I want one of those!!!

BB, can you get more info about it? Like setup, tank volumes, dimensions, costs and where to get one?

16 sections would be perfect for shirmp selective breeding.

wow thats a awsome setup there:encouragement:

2nd what sprae said and what filtration are they going to use?

Base Setup is approx. 2.2 (h) x 1.6 (w)....comes with everything except equipment (i.e. filter, heater, chiller, lights etc....)...has a built-in sump. It's apparently build with a new type timber that is very water resistant etc... approx. $4k, plus $1k in equipment cost ? ....so not a cheap setup, but extremely practical, ready to go and great looking .....

Planted the seed in my Mrs head already ..... i may not get it today, tomorrow or next week.....but I will one day have it ! Bwaaaaaaahhahahahah.

Planted the seed in my Mrs head already ..... i may not get it today' date=' tomorrow or next week.....but I will one day have it ! Bwaaaaaaahhahahahah.[/quote']

I need to plant that seed too! LOL

Seriously $5k for this whole set up is pretty good if that's shipped to your door.

Do you know the load base requirements on flooring? For instance, can I place this on floor boards?

SPRAE - They're approx. 23 lt ea x 16 tanks plus cabinet & sump - 430-450kg ?

Yeah, does initially sound expensive, but for a excited hobbyist, with a ready to go system, I would buy one too...My breeding setup which is 4 x 60 Lt tanks with a 60 lt sump..holes drilled mirrored rear glass.....would have cost me approx. $3500+k (incl. filter, pump, chiller, UV....)....same sort of look/quality..

post-1-139909846401_thumb.png

post-24-139909846154_thumb.jpg

Just to be safe, let's say total weight is around 500kg, with those dimensions the load on the floor is approx. just over 100kg/m2

Will that be OK for floating floorboards on foundation?

SPRAE - They're approx. 23 lt ea x 16 tanks plus cabinet & sump - 430-450kg ?

Yeah' date=' does initially sound expensive, but for a excited hobbyist, with a ready to go system, I would buy one too...My breeding setup which is 4 x 60 Lt tanks with a 60 lt sump..holes drilled mirrored rear glass.....would have cost me approx. $3500+k (incl. filter, pump, chiller, UV....)....same sort of look/quality..

post-1-139909846401_thumb.png

Nice setup mate.

Yes I get the excited hobbyist part. Much easier to get an all ready to go system, especially if its proven to work. I suppose the part I dont like is that none of the electrical hardware is included.

I would personally prefer if no equipment is included, so that it could be design for the specific reason. I.e. UV, type of chiller.... I would prefer a cannister filter running off the sump, rather then just using a sump for example, and no doubt there are lots of other options. Potential buyers may also want to divide the tank into 2,3,4 different systems for example.... I.e. so that they can have different type of shrimps, conditions.

Wow that's pretty awesome.

Now my tanks look like crap :-( haha.

I swear when I have my own house I'm gonna have a fish room full of these. Something like Deans would make me a very happy man.

$5,000 isn't too bad for someone who isn't good with woodwork. If you had no tools or skill in making a cabinet or something with quality this good you'd save money not having to buy all the tools and materials etc.

Fair points all round. And after all it is damn sexy. If someone happened to offer me one I definitely wouldnt say no lol

This looks really nice but $5K is fairly steep for myself....in saying that though, Its always good having mates in the carpentry business lol

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clear something up, the cabinet is made out of compressed polystyrene, so water and constant humidity is no problem at all is no problem.

<-----(looking @ the empty walls of the house that could fit a DIY unit like this). I reckon I could replicate it if the minister of treasury approves lol....hummmmm (finger on chin).

this forum is bad for my bank acct it gives me way too many ideas lol.

Planted the seed in my Mrs head already ..... i may not get it today' date=' tomorrow or next week.....but I will one day have it ! Bwaaaaaaahhahahahah.[/quote']

you are so clever bluebolts , all you need is keep telling your Mrs this system is cheap and worth to get it everyday :)

BTW ,want to know more info about this system , it's such a nice setup

LOL, I just planted another seed......We were discussing electricity cost the other day, and I casually mentioned that my existing Aquaone 620T tank would use the same KW of electricity to this setup...i.e.same chiller, filter etc..... I'm saving $$$ and will sell some of my stock over the next 2-6 weeks, to fund a breeding rack....bwahahahahaha...patience is on my side ! bwahahahaha...

you are so clever bluebolts ' date=' all you need is keep telling your Mrs this system is cheap and worth to get it everyday :)

BTW ,want to know more info about this system , it's such a nice setup[/quote']

What info are you looking for mate?

Hi Sprae, PM or post to Aquotix (Forum Sponsor)....he has it on display now....too afraid to drop by the shop these days...don't want to get tempted .. LOL

Hi Sprae' date=' PM or post to Aquotix (Forum Sponsor)....he has it on display now....too afraid to drop by the shop these days...don't want to get tempted .. LOL[/quote']

You're always welcome in the shop Marcus, just don't forget that wheelbarrow full of money ;)

I had a quick word with Ollie (Mr Docfish). I'm sure he'll elaborate but we would have to speak to our supplier about how we could work that out. Freight to the East Coast is a small fortune. It DOES NOT come flat packed and it's not light either. The price will vary because it won't be setup the same. It will probably have different plumbing.

Here's a few more pics of the setup

IMG_3137.jpgIMG_3136.jpg

And a shot of the plumbing and lighting.

IMG_3138.jpg

Chris

Holy cow that looks awesome! :applause:

Sounds expensive by the time it gets here though.

He did mention we might have to get someone to contact you. Give us a few days and we'll try and sort something out.