Cherry lane

petfish

Started a new setup, racks, tanks, trickle bio etc, just like to share the build with you all.post-846-0-39698900-1399974760_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-80608800-1399974780_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-06852800-1399974804_thumb.jpg the stands done in a u shape.

• Like 1

Next the tanks, there is 3 of each, 3x 4bay, 3x 3bay, 3x 2bay and the tricklepost-846-0-81411700-1399975103_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-14960700-1399975123_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-98057700-1399975142_thumb.jpg

Edited by petfish

perfect size for a double bed through the middle of that U shape. you could lay there and watch all day. :lolu:

thank's, was thinking of a nice cumfy recliner to do the staring from, finished plumbing it up tonight, can't wait to fill it with water and start the cycleing,gunna get some benabachi fulvic from The TechDen tomorrow and get that in, then hope to fill with rainwater tomorrow night.

this looks like an amazing project.. envy levels are reaching their peak :bow:

Simply stunning mate! Awesome design and layout! Amazing.

thank's, was thinking of a nice cumfy recliner to do the staring from, finished plumbing it up tonight, can't wait to fill it with water and start the cycleing,gunna get some benabachi fulvic from The TechDen tomorrow and get that in, then hope to fill with rainwater tomorrow night.

Nah im with lozza if you get a bed in there you can just roll from one side to the other and still be able to see all of the tanks if your in a recliner you gotta get up to have a good look lol

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! Awesome looking set-up! Keep the photos coming!

Following.

Can someone explain the physics of tanks only supported around the edges (or am I misinterpreting what I am seeing?)

Does that only work with a certain minimum thickness of the glass?

Thanks in advance.

Following.

Can someone explain the physics of tanks only supported around the edges (or am I misinterpreting what I am seeing?)

Does that only work with a certain minimum thickness of the glass?

Thanks in advance.

as a tank made of 6mm @30cm high and each section being so small in surface area those tank's don't need the support around the edges but i have it to stop shrimp from escaping, it is to do with surface area, depth of tank that will determine the thickness of glass used, eg a 6x2x2 in 10mm would need rails and 2 cross braces, a tank the same size in 15mm would only need rails along the front and back, a tank the same size made of 20mm would not need any bracing at all. :D

• Like 1

Thank you, that's clearly explained.

:unsure: But I was referring to the support underneath the tanks, they don't appear to be sitting on anything except around the edges.

oh, once again this has to do with the wieght of tank (FULL) and glass thickness that is needed to be used to support that wieght, i kinda know the limit's of this as i have been making tanks as a full time job for the last 18 years, the base in those tanks is 8mm thick. :D

• Like 1

great looking setup

thanx, i am just waiting for screen's and the light strip's now and then i will be able to add plant's and shrimp. :jig:

• 3 weeks later...

So this is your setup! very nice indeed! If I'm not mistaken, I met you sunday at the Tech Den?

A bit of an update,all shrimp have moved into their new homes, and happy to say not a single shrimp was harmed in the move.

post-846-0-25886000-1403159588_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-92008000-1403159604_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-90525600-1403159623_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-50319400-1403159640_thumb.jpg

Edited by petfish

So this is your setup! very nice indeed! If I'm not mistaken, I met you sunday at the Tech Den?

yes, you did. :lol: hope to c u there again.

Looking good, very jealous, soooooooo many tanks, sooooooooooo many shrimp. Please keep the photos coming

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...