Green Cherry Shrimp Project.

clipper

If this is in the wrong area I apologise, but thought I'd share my favourite part of the shrimp keeping hobby and thats genetic line breeding and characteristic improvement revolving around the colour of the shrimp themselves. I don't keep that up to date with other shrimp keepers but this is my project I have been working on now for sometime and so far i am thrilled with the results.

[ATTACH]6687[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6688[/ATTACH]

The first image was my 3rd generation of line breeding female from 5 months ago whose shrimplets were separated and the best selected in terms of green colouring. The second image is my current green female cherry line of which i have about 10 at this quality with at least half berried again. Shrimp keeping is definitely a fascinating part of the hobby. Hope to hear and see photos of other members colour projects.

Feed back welcome if its constructive. :)

post-294-139909865741_thumb.jpg

post-294-139909865746_thumb.jpg

its quiet good result, just need more culling till it show solid body green cherry would be awesome. did it change colour in different wp? Bluebolts might really interesting with this shrimp project ??? hahaha

If this is in the wrong area I apologise, but thought I'd share my favourite part of the shrimp keeping hobby and thats genetic line breeding and characteristic improvement revolving around the colour of the shrimp themselves. I don't keep that up to date with other shrimp keepers but this is my project I have been working on now for sometime and so far i am thrilled with the results.[ATTACH]6687[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6688[/ATTACH]The first image was my 3rd generation of line breeding female from 5 months ago whose shrimplets were separated and the best selected in terms of green colouring. The second image is my current green female cherry line of which i have about 10 at this quality with at least half berried again. Shrimp keeping is definitely a fascinating part of the hobby. Hope to hear and see photos of other members colour projects.Feed back welcome if its constructive. :)

Photos uploaded in wrong order bottom photo was the older generation, top photo is the current generation.

• HOF Member

Well done you the green is definitely improving. Great to see how people' projects are coming along:clap:

Great to see more Green Cherry project...they are indeed challenging..... originally had green from browns unto F3, then green from yellow F1 ATM....but find them inconsistent with the change of moods/WP.....Personally, besides colour, I've culled any cherry with stripes/marking. Keep up the great work :applause:

Great work Clipper! Especially only after 5 months, it will be great to see how the next generation develops!

Which colour strain did these originally start from? as Marcus said, he has had from yellow and from choc.

It's great to see such developments happing here in Australia!! :triumphant:

Original project had really dark yellow and very light blue as original parents. I want the stripping as I like what the colour can look like with proper black markings. Colour can fluctuate based on moult timings from olive green to the green in the photo. But this stops once they reach the terminal moult.

I think the stripes suit the colour too! You have to breed for the traits you prefer and you are doing a great job!! Keep us posted!!

Also, what kind of water parameters are you keeping them in? Higher pH? Would be interested to see if this assists in showing off their colour better?