Members introduced to SKF

BlueBolts

Would be a great to know how new & existing members where introduced to SKF ? Perhaps a quarterly competition for the highest member introduction ?

Nogi, any chance this could be incorporated as part of their sign up ? or does that already exist ?

Just a thought ....

That actually sounds pretty good BB, I'd like to throw a suggestion out though that if possible the invited member is required to make a thread before the introduction counts? I just figure it might help prevent any rigging, dummy accounts or inactive members

That is a great question. And I'm sad to say that I cant remember how I came across SKF... :/

I think someone posted it one Facey... or maybe someone told me directly.. I dont remember :( how sad.

I swear that this idea came up for a comp sometime before.. but it didn't go through.

Im all for it though. Excellent way to get word out about SKF and lure some new members into our cult.

• HOF Member

I came across the forum when I was surfing the net trying to find out how to care for my new found shrimp. It just seemed very friendly and informative- this was even before I became a member. I normally wouldn't dream of paying a subscription for a forum but I wanted to know more and took the best gamble I ever had. I didn't see it advertised anywhere or see it recommended it was just there when I needed help and the rest is history.

I became the crazy shrimp lady :happydance:

Mine is easy. I picked up some shrimp from twellsy and he told me to join so I did

It seems like a long time ago, but I am pretty sure there is a question when registering about how you found SKF?

The info may already be in the system, but maybe not that easy to locate.

was and still am a member of QLDAF. stopped keeping fish. wanted to start on some new. i wanted to see some pics of shrimps, tank set ups etc and was referred to this forum

I was on another forum that Dean used to sponsor, I used the link & went to the Boss Aquaria site & the SKF banner was straight after the pic of Deans shrimp heaven, I was instantly hooked! Hahaha. :happydance:

A local aquarium shop staff member recommended me to it (because of Squigg mind you)

Nogi' date=' any chance this could be incorporated as part of their sign up ? or does that already exist ?

[/quote']

I'd have to look but it sounds like a job for the new mods once they are picked LOL

I think it was Gary or Davin that pursuaded me to join when i was a member of the 'other' forum in the dark days.