hi everyone

shrimpcraze

hey everyone

my name is xai and i have been in the fish keeping hobby for a about 6 years. About 1 and a half years ago i stopped keeping fish and decided to leave the hobby behind but it was just too hard for me to let this hobby go so i have decided to get back into it but keeping away from fish this time and start on shrimp. i have always like shrimps but have only had red cherry shrimps. now that i am getting back into the aquarium world, i am planning on keeping yellow cherries and also crs if i can find some. shrimp keeping is just a completely different experience so i would like to give it a go and learn much more about them.

i have some 2ft tanks and also a 6x2x2 and my plan is so eventually have a 6ft tank full of crs as a display.

hope to talk to all the members on here.

Welcome to the forum, definitely the best place to learn about shrimp, ask lots of questions cause we don't believe indumb questions here. We also love pics so whack some of you tanks up when you get a chance. Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :encouragement:

Welcome to the forum Xai !

This forum is perfect for learning everything you need to know about Shrimp keeping, there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on here!

Post up some pics of your tanks :P

Welcome to the forum Xai! What sorts of fish were you keeping? I've also just come from fish to shrimp. I was keeping mainly a large planted tank with discus, plecos, PNG/Aussie rainbows, geophagus (before it was planted). These were at different times of course hahaha. It is indeed a great hobby!! :happydance:

Welcome to SKF....ask lots of question, and do share your journey and experience.... :-)

BRISSY -i had peacock bass, mangrove jack, barra, yellow comet platies and moscow guppies

thanks everyone!

Cool, sounds like a good mix! This forum is awesome for learning about shrimp and picking up some good deals so it is well worth becoming a premium member ($12.5) :victorious: also please chuck up some pics of your old tanks and fish if you have got some :)

Welcome to SKF Xai...This forum is very informative on shrimp keeping & breeding...Have fun :)

Welcome to the forum Xai!! A six foot tank full of CRS, now that sounds like a grand plan!!

Welcome and enjoy!!

Welcome xai!! :-) im fairly new to the hobby also great bunch of people helped and still helping me :-) I'm sure they and myself will be happy to help you if we can :-)