white saddle on a blue velvet

michael

post-346-139909865217_thumb.jpgpost-346-139909865222_thumb.jpg might be wishful thinking but i see a white saddle in this blue velvet. I thought snowballs came fromanother type of shrimp not a velvet. Correct me if im wrong but im loving seeing that colour saddle.

post-1567-13990986345_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909863454_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I don't think it is, snowballs are completely different shrimp & they are the same as pearl blue, not blue velvet's. :dejection: Blue velvet's are Neocaridina Hetropoda(Davidi) & the pearl blues/snowballs are Neocaridina Zhangjiajiensis. Sorry to burst your bubble dude.

Thanks squiggle i was pretty sure that was the case anyway. So no bubble burst. I still think it will be interesting to see what comes from breeding her.

I have to agree, it's always interesting to see what curve balls nature throws at us! :encouragement:

True just need to work out what to put with her. Any suggestions. I am thinking might be cool to try to find a colour simmilar to the blue Pearl.

If it was me, I would probably put it with a black to make the blue more deeper & more solid, but that's just me! :encouragement:

• HOF Member

michael my blacks look a deep blue when put on a white back ground- will show you when you come round. thanks for the idea Squiggs i may try that with a blue velvet and see if i get any darker blue.:encouragement:

michael my blacks look a deep blue when put on a white back ground- will show you when you come round. thanks for the idea Squiggs i may try that with a blue velvet and see if i get any darker blue.:encouragement:

I will definetly look at those im actually concidering a black with one of my best blue females rather than her.something like this instead post-346-139909865227_thumb.jpg

post-1567-139909854676_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing Michael, keen to see the development of colour of the saddle to berried. Please keep us posted

Thanks blue bolt it does look like a white saddle to me. Id love to put her with a snowball male to see if the eggs would be white