Stupid postal mistake

ineke

• HOF Member

Well my turn to fess up a silly mistake. I sold and gave away shrimp this week and went to a new post office to post them off. The postmaster didn't have any bags but gave me tracking numbers and said they would still go express. I was impressed with the new postal rates- or so I thought. Newbreed received his shrimp today so all looked good, they were posted Monday and it always takes at least 3 days for delivery. Imagine my dismay when one lot of shrimp didn't turn up and the member who was expecting them checked her tracking number and phoned up about the shrimp to be told they went by ordinary post and wouldn't get to her until Friday or even Monday. I quickly checked the other 2 tracking numbers and they too are still in transit. Hopefully the shrimp will be ok double breather bags and foam boxes and hopefully they will be delivered tomorrow . So cross with myself for not checking why the postage was cheaper than my usual post office but as I had posted quite a few parcels it had still cost a lot albeit cheaper than expected. Of course SKF COC applies and if the shrimp don't survive money will be refunded but that doesn't help the poor shrimp or make me feel any better. I can't prove that the post master said they would still go express postage and as I have sent parcels without the bags before at my local post office but still express I didn't think anymore about it. Damn post office and stupid me for not asking more questions. My apologies to those waiting for their shrimp.

• HOF Member

Yes I agree but I haven't been shipping much until now and didn't think it was worth it. I do now and before I do any more shipping I will get the prepaid. I believe they are bigger too because I have received shipment in a prepaid bag then tried to put the same foam box in the largest express bag and it didn't fit . Anyway lesson learnt in both cases buy prepaid so I will have a bag and always double even triple check express post.

I have received express deliveries that weren't in a satchel, they just have express tape on them. I think the prepaid ones might be bigger, but I also think you have a minimum buy, and that can be a significant cost.

Dont worry too much Ineke, everything works out in the end.

• HOF Member

Thanks Wraithie I still feel bad but hopefully they will arrive tomorrow ALIVE

Your shrimp will be right for at least a week or so, I wouldn't worry too much. Also, I think the larger express post bags are commercial ones :victorious:

The only thing I would be worried about is the weather...depending on where you have sent them, if like here in Sydney it has been HOT! Hopefully they will arrive healthy...

• HOF Member

Happy days all shrimp delivered safely- need not have worried. Thank goodness for breather bags and foam boxes!!!