Laws On shrimp keeping in western australia

lamby92

Ok so their always been a big fuss on keeping shrimp here in wa. So I thought I would call fisheries and find out what the go is for shrimp keeping here. So from what they said their are no black and white written laws when it comes to the laws of the importation of none native species. And any shrimp that are already here are aloud as they are native now.

Breeding of Shrimp is aloud once again natives only. So dont be scared off keep breeding them theirs no law against having ornamental shrimp or breeding of shrimp. As for the raids that where done here for shrimp where because the person/people had imported a none native specie from out side of Australia and then was breeding and selling them.

So enjoy keeping shrimp in wa keep to natives aslong as their called (native) your safe. I really hope this has cleared thing up a bit if you would like to find out any other info call fisheries they where great to talk to about it here's the number

The only native shrimp I am aware of in wa are chameleons and glass. All cherries, crs, cbs etc are not classed as native. When they say what's here is in terms of what's in our water ways.

We'll I tried to push them for an answer for that and they told me to call back and they will find out. All in all sounds to me that they don't even know what species are native here.