Hey all as well :)

khemo

Hey all

Just signed up and wanted to give everyone a freindly hello. Not much to say on the shrimp front as the stocks have been low for a while. I use to keep, breed and sell a few CRS but these days only keep cherries. Doesn't mean I've lost interest though, just taking a break until circumstances are better :)

Anyway I know we like photos so here is my current planted tank setup (work in progress).

tank-3.jpg

One of my CRS shrimp breeding setups (sitting bare atm)

TANK-2.jpg

My project I am currently working on. I've had some of these guys for almost 2 years now. They are full grown and getting old. Until recently I haven't had time to work on them....... not easy :dejection:

amano.jpg

cheers

Welcome to Skf mate.

some nice tanks and setup you have there :encouragement:

hopefully you can get back into the swing of things soon ..

Hi Khemo, Welcome to SKF....is that a Erio sp Thailand on the middle RHS of your tank...nice tank/layout !

Thanks guys! Nice to see a friendly pro shrimp forum.

Loach - Yes it is an amano shrimp. Hopefully I can turn it into many amano shrimps ;)

Bluebolts - Nah that erio is just a regular erio. sp shiga. Has started to grow alot of flowers spikes. I must have triggered it somehow. Not sure if I should let them grow or cut them off.

So how many amano shrimp do you have? Hope all breeding goes well :). I defenitely want some of these and they are pretty rare!

Loach - I use to have an even 4 females to 4 males but recently lost one female to unknown reasons. So right now I have 3 females and 4 males. They are a great algae eating shrimp and grow to a good size but so far have been difficult for me to breed - you may be waiting a while Loach :) I will persevere though. One of these days......

Millsy - Thanks mate! A g'day to you too. Are you in Morayfield Brisbane? That's just up the road from me.

From the sources I have looked at (I've pretty much have read everything), full salt is best. I've tried different salinities and around full salt has got me the best results so far. I have got the zoes to about 2 weeks so far and seem to be improving each time I try. Just waiting for the females to berry up again for my next attempt.

I feed the zoeas on marine phytoplankton/microalgae which I culture myself.

IMG_0712.jpg

I have tried rotifers in the past but they are a pain to maintain. All of the international guys who have raised amanos only used phytoplankton so that's what I am doing as I don't want to over complicate things right now. I might decide to use rotifers again in the future though, we'll see.

Hi Khemo, welcome to SKF mate!

Millsy - Thanks mate! A g'day to you too. Are you in Morayfield Brisbane? That's just up the road from me.

Yep, Brisbane. I'm a newbie with most shrimp... I can see you've probably forgotten more then I know.:confused-new: But I've got all the fun (and probably pain) of that learning in front of me, I can feel the addiction already. :encouragement:

Nice set up mate. Are you using Nannochloropsis sp.? Have you tried any other types of microalgae?