Crystals

jacet

Hi All, Just noticed since I have moved half my CBS shrimp from the divided back into my main display and things are odd.. Water conditions are the same in both tanks except for temp the display tank being 20-21 where the divided was 22-23. Now in the divided tank there was not much happening and I put it down to they might of been a bit crowded but in the display tank they have been in there for 4 days and they are swimming all over the place like they are on drugs or something.. Honestly they do not stop for any more than 5 seconds before they are off doing laps of the tank again.. I get tired just watching them.. hahahaha.. I have noticed they are already starting to breed in there straight away.. That tells me they are fine but never seen them swim so much... Am I worried about nothing...

Andrew (MrShrimp) was telling me that when he turns of the water pump which creates flow to his rack that the shrimp are overly active and swim everywhere but once he turns the pump back on they are less active again. How is the flow in the two tanks? Much difference?

very little flow in the divide where they are less active... much stronger in the display and they are much more active...

both tanks are only 5 weeks old after moving... the divided is a new tank with everything else old like substrate plants filter as I broke this one and quickly got a new tank only... The display is an old tank that leaked so I pulled it all apart re put it back together so everything dried out and I washed out the filter cleaned everything like new.. I half stocked the display with the plants I wanted to use from the divided to give the bacteria a bit of a kick start...

Bit of an up date on this.. I finished moving all them over approx 100-110 including shrimplets... Ok they have the zoomies zoomies swimming like crazy all over the place... But I have noticed 8 more berried shrimp... So I am not to worried about it and the plus is I get to see them all the time... :)

If there is low flow shrimp tend to 'fly' around a lot more. However the other choice that is more likely is that a female has just moulted and the boys are hunting tail!

If there is low flow shrimp tend to 'fly' around a lot more. However the other choice that is more likely is that a female has just moulted and the boys are hunting tail!

Makes sense... When I get off the couch I might have to see if it is the boys with the zoomies...