Noob question

blackcat

Pumpkin vs Sunkist?? R they the same and Blue Velvet and Blues vs Blue rili? Also the frading fstops ??? F 1 -5 etc :confused:

I may be wrong but I think pumpkin are much darker in colour than the sunkist shrimp.

As for blues/blue velvets/ blue rili, this has been much debated. Blue velvets are blue shrimp from red rili but they are sometimes referred to as blue rili, which, in mine and many other members opinion is actually incorrect as a blue rili would be a shrimp with a blue head and tail and clear mid section. You also get blues from chocolates which are darker coloured than the velvets and some members have bred blues from different lines... Can't tell you where those come from though.

The f numbers refer to what generation a shrimp is. When referring to mischlings, the higher the f number the more TAiwan Bee blood the shrimp has and the more likely it is to produce TB shrimplets when crossed back to TB.

Hope that makes sense?

So a blue velvet f5 should what they call 'breed true'?

Ty for the info omg lol all this lingo to learn hahahh

So a blue velvet f5 should what they call 'breed true'?

Ty for the info omg lol all this lingo to learn hahahh

My F2+ blue velvet breeds 95% true, with just the occasional splash of red in the head/tail... I would definitely suspect F5 to breed 100% true

I have been puzzled by this too.. Thankyou Torface, you cleared it up for me :P