My SnowBall and/or Blue Velvets Enjoy :D

neosin

My new fav shrimp :D don't even like my sss anymore HAHA!

I have about 4 saddled females atm :D

still no idea if they are Snowballs or Blue Velvets, have to wait till they get berried again :D

I'm leaning towards blue velvets but DAMN those saddles are white though >_< Maybe even velvets mixed with snowballs? lol!

Anyone else have a colony of velvets? can you post some pics?

Btw, yeh that is a yellow female in the 3rd pic, and it's been caught and moved lol!

DSCN8705.jpgDSCN8707.jpgDSCN8715.jpgDSCN8727.jpgDSCN8702.jpgDSCN8723.jpgDSCN8730.jpg

looks snowball to me :) beautiful shrimp! thanks for sharing!

I'm still 50/50

I have a question for the experts though.

Lets say the female was Snowball and the Males were velvets, what happens when I cross them?

Will I get some orginal form snowballs and some orignal form cherries? They are from the same genus neos but different species

The shrimplet in the second last pic looks like a velvet, so i'm thinking, they can't be snowballs if the offsprings are not original forms right?

Confusing!!!

Just because your velved blues are faded does not mean they are snowballs in my opinion.

What are the origins of the shrimp?

Just because your velved blues are faded does not mean they are snowballs in my opinion.

What are the origins of the shrimp?

First' date=' If they were velvets I don't think it's correct to say they are faded since the velvets were from rilli so they were never dark blue colour to begin with.

Second, if you look at the pics below the saddles of those velvets are clearly yellow, but mine are close to white. If they were velvets and "faded" as you suggest then surely you're not suggesting the eggs are faded as well?

Despite everything suggesting they are snowballs I still think they are light velvets (because they seem to be rarer thank KK and Pandas in OZ) but I just can't figure out why the eggs are white instead of yellow like in the pics below?

I got it from a guy named Jeff from St Mary or Blacktown (not on this forum I don't think), he delivered to my place and I asked him where he got it from and all he said was from a lady he traded a few months ago for a bunch high end shrimps. I'll text him and ask him if he has the original sellers details so I can confirm what they are :)

[img']http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/stacylambert/DSC00525.jpgC7A1C730-0011-47C0-84CD-6A314FF51ECD-5031-000005BCD0D448A7_zps93216da9.jpgattachment.php?attachmentid=136498&d=1367462157attachment.php?attachmentid=155073&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1370556529

Lets say the female was Snowball and the Males were velvets' date=' what happens when I cross them?

Will I get some orginal form snowballs and some orignal form cherries? They are from the same genus neos but different species

[/quote']

I'm no expert, but I don't think these will cross. I think Dean said in your other post that he's never had them cross...

Snowballs are rare over here so lucky you if they are snowballs!

• HOF Member

I have a few blue Velvets but the hardly show up in pictures their saddles are a pale yellow the babies are too small to see how they will turn out. Good luck with yours.