Expanding Sub Section - All About Shrimps

BlueBolts

Noticed the Threads/Post of "Shrimp & Shrimp Tank Photos" increasing to where it's getting difficult to locate threads etc.... Like the division of the "Tiger Shrimp and Variants", should we expand the Sub Section to

1. Cherry Shrimp - Neocaridina heteropoda var

2. Crystal Shrimp - Caridina cantonensis sp

3. Taiwan Bee & Mishling - Caridina cantnensis sp

4. Tiger & Tibee - Caridina cantonensis sp

5. Other Shrimps

Just a suggestion, and topic for discussion.

The subdivision should make it easier to locate info and images for those wanting to focus on particular strains.

I say 'yay' to the idea.

Anything to make life easier and not tax my brain so much is very welcomed.

Great Idea!!

Noticed the Threads/Post of "Shrimp & Shrimp Tank Photos" increasing to where it's getting difficult to locate threads etc.... Like the division of the "Tiger Shrimp and Variants"' date=' should we expand the Sub Section to

1. Cherry Shrimp - Neocaridina heteropoda var

2. Crystal Shrimp - Caridina cantonensis sp

3. Taiwan Bee & Mishling - Caridina cantnensis sp

4. Tiger & Tibee - Caridina cantonensis sp

5. Other Shrimps

Just a suggestion, and topic for discussion.[/quote']

Geez Marcus the guy just got back from his holidays and you're already at it! LOL!

Get to it Dean! Chop chop! You've had enough fun and relaxation...hahahahaha!

I agree that spitting it up is a good idea, but where do you put a picture that has a crystal AND a cherry shrimp in it? :confused: #firstworldproblems hahaha

its easy enough to make all the new sub sections that you want BUT

who is going to spend the time sorting through every post to move them to the correct sub section???????????????????

its a big job to read every single post/thread and put them in the correct place??

I say leave it as is. That's what a search function is for.

The more you split it, the more you complicate things

its easy enough to make all the new sub sections that you want BUT

who is going to spend the time sorting through every post to move them to the correct sub section???????????????????

its a big job to read every single post/thread and put them in the correct place??

397... A weekend and a case of beer... it shouldn't be too hard :P

Also, what about all the people who are keeping multiple species in one tank.

As well as the people with multiple species in racks, you generally have a thread for your rack rather than an individual one for each tank.

Maybe if it became the shrimp photo thread and any shrimp tank threads got moved to the Tank journal thread and it renamed to just 'shrimp tanks'?

Maybe we don't need a separate photo section at all?

Post with photos could just go in the same shrimp specific forum with other posts. That way you get discussion and photos in the one area. I'm on my phone atm so I can't see if we have all the specific shrimp forums already.

I can put my had up to go through the photos forum if needed. I'm very comfortable with admin and mod functions of vbulletin, so no training required.

• HOF Member

If you move the photos does the address for them change- BB lost heaps of photos moving things around .

Maybe instead of moving what we have would it be easier to add the new subsections with the date of move in the heading then anything before that would be in the archived sections

I for one am happy using search, I don't think this forum needs it just yet, but that might not always be the case?

i always use search on other forums.

The longer we wait for the sub section, the more sorting moving down the track.

If the kept with status quo, should we them delete the "Tiger & Variant section and transfer all the threads to the main section ?

It's actually not that much effort to move threads around if that helps the discussion. I'd just prefer not to have to do every few months do best to get the structure right before we do study.

And you won't lose the link to the pictures, that's a Photobucket thing to do with what's called a prefix to help with performance on their website

Maybe we should poll it ..... Bhahahahaha, this feels like a Gillard vs Rudd.