The Evolution of a Pinto

Progressively getting new variations, heading towards the targeted spotted head pinto :happydance:

D1099515-0632-45C4-8844-2AF7A1B91465.jpgCB547946-2F04-4C89-AF94-1A2FE53628DD.jpg

I'm always amazed at what you have achieved BB lovely shrimp and i dare say more to come, congratulations:beer:

Woohoo ! The pinto evolution has been reached ! Now to build a colony ! Its been great being able to journalise the pinto formula, and sharing it openly to ALL. :happydance:

Only 1-2 weeks old. Can't wait to see the colour intensify...will keep posting new pics .....

44B0F888-AE2E-4590-9D53-07AC96C86633.jpg9A9CE006-5D58-42E4-9F8C-D388517467A6.jpgF35189CB-95B3-4935-A525-CC1907F2D736.jpg

Great work Marcus!! Look forward to each update!

FIIIIRST DIIIIIIBS! hahaha too early? Haha. That's awesome BB great work! Keep the pics coming!

• 4 weeks later...

Another generation of zebs coming through....

DC709FD4-BF48-47EA-ABF9-6CF87095C046.jpg93A5C861-414A-4DB4-8FB6-BF7D09D443D1.jpg

Showed this on the other thread. Gonna selectively breed this with a bluebolt Mosura.....a distant dream, spotted head spotted head bluebolt

9158191A-BF4A-4A14-B08E-99BC38EC4E0A.jpg

After flicking through Breeders and Keepers, and now seeing these, I am gonna be dreaming of amazing shrimp tonight!! Brilliant as per usual Marcus!!

• 1 month later...

Zeb pinto's colony expanding nicely.....noticing a larger % of pinto per batch these days...

5790A98F-508F-407E-A033-4C71CE69AFF4.jpg

93A5C861-414A-4DB4-8FB6-BF7D09D443D1.jpgDC709FD4-BF48-47EA-ABF9-6CF87095C046.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome work!! Congrats! Your hard works paying off!!

Far out mate do you ever put a foot wrong with these little guys lol VERY nice BB :)

Wow they're looking great dude! My favorite has to be the blue juvi with orange eyes

I have to ask though, is the snail shell green from Algae or have you got some funky green snails I've not seen before?

Thanks all. Planning to further selectively breed them by removing some of the tibee's over the next few months.

Wow they're looking great dude! My favorite has to be the blue juvi with orange eyes

I have to ask though, is the snail shell green from Algae or have you got some funky green snails I've not seen before?

Sorry, just green from algae....:-)

• 1 month later...

Reignited my pinto project 1-2 months ago...noticing some different variations coming through the colony. ...

Orange Eye Red Tibee

65F90262-0E0E-4F9D-95CB-2C4768B3EF76.jpg

and this...will take more pics over the next few days, as there's several other variations.

341489C4-C170-4D74-B859-3C57AEC71D10.jpg

• Like 4

Wow! Think that's the first OE red I have ever seen!

Great work Marcus! You've done it again!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Must Read SKF Articles

• beanbag
      Good luck.  I hope the Ph / KH issue is under control.  If not... Maybe use peat? Edit:  looking at a previous picture - maybe you should just remove those rocks for now
    • NoGi
      My lil emerald green. It's a lot harder taking macro shots with 15mm glass tanks.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Here is a photo of the floating plant (Azolla). Looks great! I am probably tempting fate by even mentioning this but the first shrimp arrived yesterday and went into the tank today, fingers crossed.............. Pandas and shadow Pandas, I ordered blue bolts and shadow pandas so I may be getting the blue bolts next week free as it was the sellers (ebay) error, but at this stage it is one day at a time - will these survive even. Keep your fingers crossed for me please! I have to say I am enjoying seeing them in the tank even though black isn't the easiest to see in my tank as the background is black? The parameters are a bit off, GH 7 the main one thats off, but hopefully the 24 hours slow drip will have paid off and the parameters of the sellers tanks were generally close to mine, hence I got them from them for that reason. I guess it will be a 'black and blue' tank as there is no-one selling red ones at the moment, but blue bolts are my favourite and as long as they survive, well thats a bonus on the last attempt anyway so I'll take that as a win! Maybe sometime further down the line I may get back to what I had before??? Not rushing anything this time.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Time for another update! The PH this morning is 6 and KH 0-1 (you can't measure zero obviously). I plan to check everything tomorrow and then a water change on satuday. At the moment the TDS is 190 which should drop to 170 after a water change and then 150ish after the following/next weeks water change. Last time I checked GH it was 6, but again I will do ALL the tests tomorrow. I had to resort to using a PH/KH- product (AQUACID) to get to where these parameters are now but as the water I use has PH6, GH0 and KH0 I assume/hope I won't need to use that from here on, but will see if the parameters stay stable for the next week and have a PH alert disc in the tank which should indicate any significant change. I don't like using these sort of products as a general rule and wouldn't if there were any shrimps in situ and that product has raised the TDS at about .5TDS per drop. I may well order some blue bolts towards the end of next week (the road to the house will be closed for a month from 3rd June so it is next week or wait another 6 weeks) and see how that goes. I plan to drip acclimate them overnight this time so as to not rush that as it shouldn't get cold indoors overnight anyway this time of year. This all depends on the tank parameters staying stable for the next week (aside from the mentioned TDS adjustments with the water changes), though the GH  may drop a tiny bit with using just RO to reduce the TDS but that is fine, and even could be a bonus. I did manage to find some nice floating plant that I had before (good old ebay), and will try and get a photo of that at some point to attach, Azolla red I think it is called? Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for now but all appears to be going well at this point! Snails seem to be doing well at least.   
    • beanbag
      That shrimp itself survived the molt just fine, but left about half dozen eggs still in the shell. I haven't measured KH in a really long time, but assume it is zero since I don't have any rocks besides a few small pieces of lava rock.  Maybe you have unwanted rocks in your tank?  My tank is the "long" style which I really like because I have a HMF on one end, and a pump outlet spout that shoots water all the way to the other end.  I have no idea how many shimp it can support because I don't really understand waste management in a tank.  Shrimp poop eventually turns into mulm, but then what?