help my CBS wont mate.

michael

Hi all. I have 12 adult CBS shrimp in a 2 foot tank. Im sure there are a mixture of males and females. I do beleive that most of them are females. They have been in there tank for about 6 Weeks or so. for some reason no berried females, water parameters Ph 6.5 tds 130. Temp 22 gh 6 kh 2. Any advise or tips..........

Patience :) 6 weeks isn't long at all :)

Sometimes it happens.

You could try a small water change.

Hi michael, diet plays a critical role in getting females ready for saddle/berried.Presume you've got a good variety of foods. Shrimps can take up to 3 months to get use to their environment/WP, then suddenly, every single females is berried. Your WP seems ideal, perhaps raise your temp to 23/24, and after a few days, do a 15% WC with cooler water less 2-3 degrees, and see whether the females react/moult ? Do you feed your shrimps with any protein/fat, i.e. frozen blood worms ?

Hi michael' date=' diet plays a critical role in getting females ready for saddle/berried.Presume you've got a good variety of foods. Shrimps can take up to 3 months to get use to their environment/WP, then suddenly, every single females is berried. Your WP seems ideal, perhaps raise your temp to 23/24, and after a few days, do a 15% WC with cooler water less 2-3 degrees, and see whether the females react/moult ? Do you feed your shrimps with any protein/fat, i.e. frozen blood worms ?[/quote']

^^^ better answer than mine lol :)

Water change is the simplest test... also sometimes the female shrimp are sneaky and hiding somewhere berried up already.

Good luck

+1 patience is the key...

it took my crystals over 2 months to settle into their tank. Now there isnt a non-berried female.

Thanks for the advise guys. I do about 20 % each week water change. My shrimp are feed on a mixture of hikera crab, a mixure of blanched spinish, carrot, peas. And I also gove them some blood worms but only one a week or so.

20% Each week?

I feel that that is too often and too much at a time.

Others thoughts?

Totally agree there dude, I only do 5-10% water change :victorious:

I'll cut the water changes from my 15lt bucket to half a bucket that should cut it all to 5 to 10%. Fingers crossed

patience is key... i waited 8 months for my lot ;)