Yellow cherry with clear cherrys

Baccus

A while ago I got some yellow cherry shrimp, they gradually disappeared and I suspected that they had been eaten or died without me seeing. But today when doing some major rearranging of the tank that housed the yellows I found one sole yellow cherry. Since I have another breeding project currently under way with the decendents of my black male cherry shrimp with dark red female cherrys I am out of spare shrimp safe tanks for this solitary yellow. One of my tanks already has a good stock of dark red cherry's, another tank is being kept spare for some rili shrimp I hope to be getting soon, and I am currently cycling another tank in readiness for some north QLD native shrimp.

So in desperation I have put the solitary yellow in with my potential rili shrimp that sprung up in one of my tanks on their own (another little project I have underway). So far the offspring from the potential rili's are looking like snowball shrimp right down to having white saddles. So my question is this, if I leave the yellow in with these clear/ white cherry shrimp does anyone have any ideas what sort off offspring I could expect?

Here is a couple of pictures of the clear/ white cherry's sorry for the clarity they are near impossible to photograph against the white net. But you should be able to see the white saddle in the female

DSCF2993_zps4800d9af.jpg?t=1359800412DSCF2995_zps3a0ea7e7.jpg?t=1359800557

Anybody have any ideas?

A while ago I got some yellow cherry shrimp' date=' they gradually disappeared and I suspected that they had been eaten or died without me seeing. But today when doing some major rearranging of the tank that housed the yellows I found one sole yellow cherry. Since I have another breeding project currently under way with the decendents of my black male cherry shrimp with dark red female cherrys I am out of spare shrimp safe tanks for this solitary yellow. One of my tanks already has a good stock of dark red cherry's, another tank is being kept spare for some rili shrimp I hope to be getting soon, and I am currently cycling another tank in readiness for some north QLD native shrimp.

So in desperation I have put the solitary yellow in with my potential rili shrimp that sprung up in one of my tanks on their own (another little project I have underway). So far the offspring from the potential rili's are looking like snowball shrimp right down to having white saddles. So my question is this, if I leave the yellow in with these clear/ white cherry shrimp does anyone have any ideas what sort off offspring I could expect?

Here is a couple of pictures of the clear/ white cherry's sorry for the clarity they are near impossible to photograph against the white net. But you should be able to see the white saddle in the female

[/quote']

G'Day Baccus4702, I'm a little confised.......the attached pic is of the sole yellow shrimp? or I presume the offspring of the rili x yellow shrimp ? If the offspring's are showing a different colour/pattern, perhaps isolate them and monitor how they grow/colour up etc..... and then decide which way you want to go with them....perhaps if you can clarify, it would be easier to respond.

Sorry for nor making it clear.

The picture is of the offspring from some almost rili shrimp that occured spontanioulsy in one of my tanks. I have been keeping them seperate from my other shrimp while I wait to see what they turn out like.

It was the sole surviving yellow cherry (I did have 10 but they just gradually disappeared) that I found in a different tank, but had to move so it would not be eaten. And rather than put the yellow with any of my other colours eg reds or my black cherry experiment I have put the yellow in with the almost rili shrimp.

So it was from some red rili ? Really depends what direction you want to go with it I guess. If you think it has potential to maintain the rili pattern, try mixing it with a colour (choc, black...) ? Alternatively, hunt down a white cherry ? The posibility is endless ..... results difficult to predict ..

The yellow cherry was from a swap I did a while ago, the clear cherry's are from the spontanious couple of almost rili shrimp that occured in my tank.

I really don't know what direction I want to try and take any possible offspring from the yellow and the clears/ white. I guess a lot of it depends on what does come from such a mix, and what I think looks nice and then down the track what other people are interested in having. I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else had tried a similar mix before.