lachie1998

enjoy

when he was a fry

DSCN2268.jpg

now

DSCN3891.jpgDSCN3883.jpgDSCN3896.jpgDSCN3918.jpg

my big boy:tears_of_joy:

DSCN3909.jpgDSCN3910.jpgDSCN3911.jpg

whats wrong with his head? lol is it from banging into the glass :)

also created this forum just for you mate :)

Only recently come across flowerhorns, when visiting a local breaker.....demonstrated their breeding behaviour etc, and my son thought it was awesome, but my little girl got terrified and cried !

Your "Big Boy" (mmmmm.....pls don't take that out of context-LOL), is breathtaking ! Beautiful specimen !!

there is a big breeder over your way in perth if you are ever intrested in some quality.

Thanks, but there's still so much I want to achieve and conquer in the shrimping world ... Together with discuss, marines, corals etc...I'll just need to be contented as a admirer and spectator. :-(

that is a gooooood head! lol. any fry available mr? i'd totally buy some if they end up like daddy!

that is a gooooood head! lol. any fry available mr? i'd totally buy some if they end up like daddy!

Thanks! Gbang

im working on some, im going to put a pair together over the weeknd and we will see what happens.

what about swap some shrimp for one or something?:D i will keep everyone updated:)

i never knew there are so many people intrested in fh, i thought they thought they were just mongrel hybrids, not these fine specimens:tears_of_joy:

well they are hybrids. but a good looking fish is a good looking fish!

and lachie, i'll swap as long as i can't keep my eyes of your fry :P

Pretty looking mongrel hybrids i must say. Preffer the hybrids as they are a little different to legit cichlids which i dislike lol.

Yep thanks Alex, no two flowerhorns will look alike:D

this is the future pair.....

DSCN3858.jpgDSCN3851.jpgDSCN3843.jpgDSCN3839.jpg

the male doesnt have a big kok but his father had a very nice sized one and the female has a kok wich is rare in females and will make realy koky fry she also has genes from thailand;).... please dont judge her colour by that pic, the setting on the camera are way off when i took it.

Sorry to say this, but I must be the only person in Australia that thinks that these hybrids look disgusting (apart from the colors) :(

each to their own pappy. e.g not everyone likes shrimp. ask the majority african cichlid breeders! plus flowerhorn is really only for people who tend to like big humps and american style cichlids :)

That's ok everyone is entitled to there own opinion. There are many people that don't lie them and unfortunately the get miss informed by others and are not told the true facts.

Im not a fan of cichlids nor do i like hybrids but i must admit, the colours on these flowerhorns are spectacular! If only ther was a shrimp with such colours.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jess

It is a male, male flowerhorn are most likely to grow a kok (head growth) but females can also have one but it will not be as big as a males. Koky females are also more $$$$