KK & panda babies in my sump lol

I decided it was time to climb under my shrimp room and check out the sump and if everything was still in place.

to my surprise i found a stupid amount of shrimp i never knew i had :)

the most important/ surprising find was this container full of kingkong and panda juvi.

39 in total lol

post-696-139909848041_thumb.jpg

post-696-139909848036_thumb.jpg

also found

13 redwine

87 CRS mixed grades

23 Golden/snowwhite

48 CBS mixed grades

think i need to get under there more often.. ;)

post-29-139909858851_thumb.jpg

post-29-139909858856_thumb.jpg

That's awesome.....funny, and scary at the same time....can just imagine most of us heading to clean our sumps now....LOL

Gotta love gems you didn't know of ey, almost like finding a fifty in jeans that haven't been washed in months but way way better.

Now that you struck gold in the first sump dean ya got high hopes for the next three?

Just checked my sump, nothing but floating debris lol. That's awesome dean :)

Lol wow, i wonder how they got in there and what they munched on to survive....

@shrimpy, i feed my sumps every 2nd day to keep them running at 100% efficiency, so i assume the shrimp have been living on that food.

BB, take the covers off the overflows for a few hours every week and in no time you will find some :)

Hey dean, first dibs on the cherry sumps I need some of anything cherry you find :barbershop_quartet_please pretty please wayne

thats just insanity dean..

most people try to breed them an keep them alive and you have them just hanging around without trying..

sooooo jealous right now

awsome find though..

@wayne, no prob mate. let me see what shows up.

@honcho, its really not that hard to keep/breed them. all you need is Benibachi soil, saltyshrimp mineral GH+ and a oxydator. there is nothing more to it! :)

Damn! Maybe I should ditch these canisters and get myself some sumps...LOL! So aren't you worried as to how they got there and solve that issue? As I don't imagine it is a non stressful ride for them...

@CNgo2006, in the overflow covers I use, I have sponge filter sponge in them.

every week I take them out/off and give them a good rinse, then usually the phone rings or the wife distracts me

and I forget to put them back on that day.

The ride down the pipes is actually not very rough and I have never found a dead shrimp in there.

yeah i use the same equipment but just doesnt seem to turn out exactly the same results

maybe it helps to have a great big F#*k off shrimp system with all the bells and whistles too..lol :p