Black lapis OE

Artishrimps

Hi,

I am looking for some information about "Black lapis OE shrimps". Cant find much. If there is someone who has them and can give me some tips on how they like it the best, how i can breed them, and why these amazing beautifull creatures aren't showed of that much?

I have mine since almost a year. They are the only ones who almost not breed. I had 4 cull babies and 1 true babie in the year frame. They were pregnant very often! But for some reason they just disappeared all the time.

I transferred them to a bigger aquarium with less fast growing plants, so that i can watch them. Also ordered some extra, i almost couldnt find them in Europe! Found a seller in france and hope that it will be an honest seller bc these beauties are expensive!

So, any one who has experience with them? I would love to hear.

• Like 1

These are a new one for me. It may be that they are known by various names by different breeders/countries especially if they are a new type? Are they these do you think (my german isn't good so I can't read it) which are Caridina tiger;

https://www.rendo-shrimp.de/epages/62701010.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62701010/Products/"5RS11 BT0/BT1"

Do you have any photos you can attach, would love to see them?

What water parameters are you keeping them in?

5 hours ago, sdlTBfanUK said:

These are a new one for me. It may be that they are known by various names by different breeders/countries especially if they are a new type? Are they these do you think (my german isn't good so I can't read it) which are Caridina tiger;

https://www.rendo-shrimp.de/epages/62701010.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62701010/Products/"5RS11 BT0/BT1"

Do you have any photos you can attach, would love to see them?

What water parameters are you keeping them in?

I tried to upload a photo but they are to big so it was impossible. But i have a link to some photoos of mine i posted on fb:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/382787699305881/permalink/1354585645459410/

The link you sended arent the same. Here i have one: https://buypetshrimp.com/orange-eye-black-blue-lapis/

Waterparameters are tds 160 ppm, ph 6, kh 0, gh 5.

FB_IMG_1688304857993.jpg

• Like 1

Oh Wow, that is stunning and I haven't seen ones like that before. I hope the extras you have ordered are as beautiful and arrive and do well. The photo of the buypetshrimp looks quite like a blue shadow panda but with a clearer blue and different tail, also stunning, I looked at their stock as well, very nice, no good for me though as they are USA! I think these are a very new varient so the offspring may not be 'AS GOOD' as it tends to take a number of generations of breeding 'true' before they will produce 'Purer/Quality' as they may have mixed genes.

Your water parameters look ideal so hopefully they may start breeding better, especially when you add the new ones. I wouldn't try changing anything at this stage, add the new ones and give it about 4 months, if they still aren't breeding at that point it may then be worth looking into it a bit deeper.

I didnt buy from this site either, im from belgium, so i would have to pay extra taxes bc its not europe, and those are extremely high. I bought from an ebayseller from france. The only one i could find in europe that had some available

https://picclick.fr/Caridina-Cf-Black-Lapis-Oe-crevette-aquarium-334833623112.html

I will have to have patience 😁

• Like 1

I assumed you didn't order from the USA supplier as it would be quite risky, if they would even sell/send to Europe. I have bought many shrimps through ebay in the past and they have always worked well. I hope they arrive ok and everything goes well with them in your aquarium, loved all the babies in photo 1 of the picclick.fr link.

Hopefully you will keep us informed/updated!

• Like 1

Hi @Artishrimps, welcome to SKFA.

This is a new hybrid to me as well.

But since they are a hybrid of a tiger, treat them as Tiger caridinas. So similar water parameters as tiger shrimps.

• Like 2

Thank you @jayc!

You have these hybrid also?

Someone said on fb its a cull-version from black devil oe. Or is the tiger also related to black devil? I'm sorry i search so much info on internet but i cant find that much to be honest, only about neo-caridina genetics but i want to know caridina genetics 😅. Im happy i found this forum, it helps me in my search for info with all these topics.

• Like 1

I saw the vlack devil OE on the link you sent forbuypeyshrimp and it is likely they are an off shoot of that, but All new shrimp varieties would have been culls of a different colour at the start of their creation, then someone takes it from that point to get a new colour/pattern. It is very difficult to know what genes these newer shrimp carry as there are now so many varients, but as JayC, I suspect it has Tiger in there???  I suspect the shrimp in your photo is a very low quality or even cull of the type it is, especially as it has brown front and the black lapis rear but I think it is stunning and always like a variety of colours/patterns as it is more interesting, but I can see that some people might consider it a cull if they were trying for a top quality single pattern such as Black Lapis OE, the photo of the black lapis OE on buypetshrimp is probably what a good quality/pure one should look like? I'm not sure where the brown comes from on your shrimp as thats not a common colour with caridina (there are neocaridina browns) but I like it. Are the others you have the same?

I found this, not surre if you hae seen it on here and not uptodate,

post-599-0-09900600-1412307823.jpg.0b6b0e562aa26862a27261fbfa2f83e8.jpg

@sdlTBfanUK where do you see brown 😳? Is it in the picture i send in here? Maybe you see them better in the video on the facebooklink. I think its like a rusty shine some have sometimes you see, one day one of them was so rusty colored i worried, but it got less. Im trying to get good photoos, but my phone doesnt like to focus on the shrimp. Most are dark blue, some have a transparant part in their body, and some light and dark blue. If they are low quality i spend to much money on them lol, they were 13 euro/shrimp.

I cant wait to see my new ones, they were a bit cheaper so 🤣.

Thx for the photo of genetics!

I see my photoos didnt ad with my post, and i cant delete or edit the post. They should be attached bc if i try to ad it says the photoos are uploaded. Im confused. Hope you can find them.

In your initial photo the head and part body looks brown, maybe it is just the photo, it doesn't look like any sort of problem to worry about. It definitely looks in the shell and shiney and the shrimp looks nice and healthy.

Once the photos are in the 'attachments box' (uploaded) when adding to the post you need to also press 'insert' bottom right of that box to get the photos in the post? There is a file size limit so if the photo file size is too big it may not let it be added.

I have not used facebook so don't have a log-on to see those videos.

It will be interesting to see what the new batch look like.

• Like 1

I tried again and could add 3 picture. Here they are.20230703_222931.thumb.jpg.52266a8b58b263dbc79be6b549b5a803.jpg20230703_231110.thumb.jpg.abedd3295aebe00d87db97b52ba6d313.jpg20230703_231048.thumb.jpg.c95c472e0ee51ce132d7dfa6e37b6446.jpg

• Like 1

What a fabulous variety though not sure how they fit in to the one type of black lapis OE, all OE of course. Hope you like them as that is the important thing - I would be very pleased with them!

Any idea when the new ones should get to you? 

Yes, i like them and thats what matters ☺️.

Still didnt receive them 😔 getting a bit worried. I have the tracking number and they are already traveling since monday. So tomorrow will be the 4th day. When i ordered in the Netherlands it arrived within 2 days.

Did pay a lot of travelcosts also, so i dont really know why this takes so long. Hope they will all be still alive 🙏.

• Like 1

They should be ok for a few days so hopefully they will turn up today.

Hope they get to you ok and they settle into the aquarium without any issue.

@sdlTBfanUK they arrived yesterday afternoon 😊 all still alive. He added 2 extra shrimp, so sweet.

I aclimated them for couple houres, they are still doing okay today so hopefully its all stays okay 👌.

The eyes of the shrimp are much lighter orange then my old shrimps, thats a bit sad but okay.

• Like 1

Great to hear they turned up and going well so far. The first two weeks are tough for them so you may lose some yet, but I will keep my fingers crossed they do well!

Shrimp usually lose colour in transit (stressed) so the colours should also improve within a few days, and that may also include the eyes, not too sure with the OE? Enjoy watching them all!

• Like 2