WORM INFESTATION

njslocksmith

one of my crs tanks have an INFESTATION of these little white worms,

they dont seem to be disturbing my shrimp, but there buging the hell out of me.

i was thinking of adding a few fish to eat the worms, does any one know shrimp friendly fish,

i live in the eastern subs of sydney and my tanks are at room temp, no heater in my tank

thanks in advance

Are they short ish? (1-2 cm)

Nematodes me thinks :)

I wouldn't put fish in with your shrimp as anything that can eat nematodes can eat shrimplets :(

No planeria worked for me, but slowing down the feeding keeps them away :)

Have to agree with gino. They come when you over feed a tank slow down feeding and they will go away.no need to add fish.

Cheers Mick

Magi, if you have nematodes try the soft approach first reduce feeding dramatically, let nature have a crack first, if no change then consider no planeria, it is shrimp safe as it is sold for the shrimp hobby to get rid of planeria, again try half dose first as that should get rid of just about everything....

Never use a nuclear bomb first leave it as last resort :)

you can always put a little blood worm and put it in the substrate in the front of ur tank where you can see it on the glass l0.leave for a couple hours with lights off. works best at night or whilst its dark..

flick lights on and you should see them alot eating blood worm ..use a small nano gravel vac and suck them out..

that should clear most out.. then you can stop feeding as much

hth

:anonymous:

Will try the honcho method first then gino's method. These ways should be added to Deans thread about tank inhabitants.

Thanks guys