• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Taste
      Curious how much i should let them age if its even a concern before i sell some of my babies.
    • jayc
      Most are fine except for gum leaves, too oily. You should be able to find Oak and Maple locally. You can try Dandelions, Nasturtium. Shrimps particularly like the flowers.  Roses, Basil flowers, Bee Balm (Bergamot) flowers, Borage flowers, Echinacea flowers, Pot Marigold flowers, Chamomile flowers, Chrysanthemums flowers, Garlic flowers, Onion flowers, Oregano flowers, Pansy flowers and Violet flowers.   Yes. Stuff to avoid ... Primulas, Primroses, Polyanthus, Iris, Daffodils, Nghtshade, box wood, foxgloves, amaryllis, clematis, bryony, buttercups, begonia, columbine, lily of the valley, sweet pea, Brachycome, Nolana, Rudbeckia, periwinkle, oleander, dogbane, aconite.   I cover a lot of these in this post. https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/5701-edible-flowers-for-shrimp/  
    • Subtlefly
      Update and pics soon!
    • Flynn002
      Yeah I think I’ll try without the breeder boxes and see if it works. if not, I can give breeder boxes a go afterwards. I’m no professional at sexing shrimp but I know that females are generally more colourful and have the saddle on their back. Is there any other way of seeing them? also, I think I will black out the sides and back of the tank a use a black substrate (fluval stratum). I will use blue cherry shrimp or another colour that’s bright. So it will easier to see the shrimplets. And so that they stand out even when they’re on the plants or moss.
    • Crabby