Hi there

Jesse.M

Hi.. My names Jesse. I'm not new to keeping shrimp but im new to owning shop bought ones. I currently have 10 clear creek ones and 4 sunkissed ones, 2 males 2 females, with eggs that are expected to hatch around the end of this month...

Can't wait to see the babies.

Is there anything I can't feed them, like will giving them zuchinni be harmful?

Welcome to the forum Jesse. Would love to see pictures of your oranges.

fruits/veg/leaves?

Zuchinni is fine, spinach is great, bananas. Remember to wash them well, organic stock is usually best as it shouldnt have too many chemicals. Home grown even better, if insecticides have been use then stray clear of those.

Hey ya and welcome to SKF.

There are plenty of vegetables you can feed your shrimp, Once the forum gives you full access you'll be able to see all the threads about different things people feed their shrimp.

As mentioned the most important thing when feeding vegetables is to ensure they're organic and free of pesticides. Washing them is not enough, they have to have been grown completely free of any pesticides at all, ever.

I also don't recommend feeding them Big Macs, Cigarette butts, Or soft serves...

I highly recommend doing some more reading before starting to feed your shrimp home made meals such as fruits and vegetables as without knowing exactly what you're doing these can be more harmful than good.

For now I'd stick with a good balanced diet of prepared foods and mix it up a little with different foods rather than the same thing all the time.

Good luck and welcome to SKF. I assure you this is a friendly and nice forum to be a part of :)

As mentioned the most important thing when feeding vegetables is to ensure they're organic and free of pesticides. Washing them is not enough' date=' they have to have been grown completely free of any pesticides at all, ever.

I also don't recommend feeding them Big Macs, Cigarette butts, Or soft serves...[/quote']

haha ok Triggs.. good thing we grow some of our own veggies then.. and lol strangely enough i dont think i'll be feeding them big macs or cigarettes.. I dont like greasy/fatty foods and i think smoking is gross but thanks for the warning ;)