Sharing some pics of my Yellow Cherry Colony [emoji7]

VickiH

I'm a new member here but I've been stalking your forums for ages & always found answers to my questions.

I only keep cherry shrimp (paint fire red / yellow / black / blue dreams / yellow rili experiment) & am very proud of my yellow colony which is well established & has been heavily culled in early days & I add new genetics regularly to keep the colony fresh & healthy. Apologies for poor quality phone pictures & reflections - I'm definitely not a photographer lol
I've also added a pic of my red colony [emoji7] the original & still a favourite 4bcfa318a2f1132c134175e1ca833413.jpg

207fe9843c2132505561b5fbd26ec96b.jpgf2f29ddf3fd1d7ce5e0228b6f6389ded.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice tank full (and i mean full) of yellows. They are a great colour.

• Like 1

Very nice tank full (and i mean full) of yellows. They are a great colour.

Thanks so much - I'm glad you like them :) I like to show the quality of entire colony not just the best shrimp in the colony.

It is certainly a very active colony & very large in numbers, but they don't seem to mind :) I will be splitting them into 3 tanks soon - currently setting up 2 new tanks for them - one will isolate the neon striped paint grades to see if I can breed the highest grade possible & the other just splitting up the numbers - (just in case something was to happen to the mother colony). It's taken me a couple of years to get the quality up to this standard & as I said I'm very proud of them [emoji16]
  • Like 2

That is a couple of years of dedication. 

I've just had to do a reset on my RCS tank. Turned my back while on other projects and they now look like glass shrimp. (not that bad).

Tank was culled down to 5 females now and i have to find a male or two to start again. I know 1 female is berried so i will have to get onto some culling again in a few weeks to get those babies out. Never ending with cherries.

9 hours ago, VickiH said:

am very proud of my yellow colony

That's mighty impressive. Well done Vicki.

• Like 1

Ooooh, I really envy your yellow tank.
I have lost all mines :crying:

Sorry to hear that ☹️[emoji22] ?

Hi VickyH you have a really nice tank of yellows I've only had yellows for about 7 weeks now and they have started to breed up but to get to your standard I will have to do some serious culling 

• Like 2

Love the moss tree in the background

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Me too [emoji7]
It's us fissenden on the little tree.

I'm not the typical female who buys clothes & shoes - but when it comes to shrimp / fish & plants my hubby gets the usual female reply "oh that old thing, I've had it for ages! [emoji6]"
Needless to say the actual price paid is always halved when admitting to a new purchase [emoji23]lol what they don't know won't hurt them.

One day I'd love bonsai driftwood in every tank [emoji51] I'm sure I'll find them on special for 10 for $50 (just delete the extra zero) lmao!

Oh gawd I am an addict!!

My name is Vicki & I have an addiction to aquariums & their contents [emoji23]
  • Like 1

Everyone needs a vice. I've recently got a few yellow cherries myself. Now I want to get a little satellite breeding box so I can selectively breed them.
Always something to buy

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk