moulting

jacet

Hi all.. I have a question about moulting.. I have had couple of deaths in the tank and have not seen any shells so just wondering if that is the issue

Sorry mate I was rushing before... If shrimp don't moult will they die from not being able to... I know they grow and need to moult but what was cause them not to be able top moult

Moulting issues that may attribute to deaths arises when their shells are too soft or too hard. Shrimps moult in the conditions that the water have the right amount of minerals to support the change. There are more expert breeders here to help but in general, try and get EC to around 200us or TDS to 100ppm. Using RO water with Salty Shrimp mineral mix certainly will make sure the right minerals are there.

• 4 weeks later...
Moulting issues that may attribute to deaths arises when their shells are too soft or too hard. Shrimps moult in the conditions that the water have the right amount of minerals to support the change. There are more expert breeders here to help but in general' date=' try and get EC to around 200us or TDS to 100ppm. Using RO water with Salty Shrimp mineral mix certainly will make sure the right minerals are there.[/quote']

So by saying this about TDS due you think a higher TDS would inhibit moulting? I ask because my display tank has been running 270-280 TDS and have only lost the occasional inhabitant and I due find moulted skins, but now I'm tempted to slowly lower my TDS with RO water changes. Opinions?

PS... Does anyone have any reading material on the science of moulting?