• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• kms
      It wasn't intentional, I was just putting the new shrimps into the tank, the dead shrimp just fell into the tank.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I would imagine that the crabs will eat dead shrimps, even shrimps eat dead other shrimps, as they are both scavengers. Not sure that they would attack a live shrimp but it is probably best t keep a close eye on what happens before getting any more of either shrimps or crabs for that tank! Simon
    • Grubs
      I think the live shrimp will be fine.  The micro-crabs are delicate creatures taking advantage of a rotting corpse. I'm sure the crabs will enjoy the protein.  Ordinarily I avoid feeding dead livestock to other livestock to prevent transmission of disease or unknown parasites although I will say as a shrimpkeeper the temptation is strong. 😄
    • kms
      Yesterday I put a 3 new shrimps in the tank, and one dead shrimp that was DOA in the bag, nothing happened to the 3 shrimps, but the dead shrimp was swarmed by 3 crabs as food, would you presumed the live shrimps might get attacked soon or later.
    • Lizzy
      Thanks so much for all the info guys. I’m very appreciative!  I’ll update once I get the RO going. Fingers crossed I don’t kill them all 😅 I’m really hoping this will encourage more breeding. In saying that, I have 3 berried as of the last week, which is pretty exciting.