Nano Tanks and Shrimps

Shrimpscaper

I have a 3.5 gallon nano ( currently in DSM ) and I'm planning to add some Neos.. Anybody have experience in keeping ( and hopefully breeding) Neos in such a small setup.. It'll have a HOB filter rated for a much larger tank and temperature will be stable throughout the year but around 78-80F.. What else should I be concerned about.. I've never kept them in a Nano this size..

That's around 13L, just be careful of swinging water parameters but Neos are generally fairly tough. I'll be trying to breed some in a 29L tank shortly.

My octagon is about 12L and so fare they seem happy but no ones berried. As it gets hotter im sure ill have issues but for now its been ok haha 

• Like 1

My octagon is about 12L and so fare they seem happy but no ones berried. As it gets hotter im sure ill have issues but for now its been ok haha 

That's good news.. What's the temp in your tank? And also, how many shrimp do you keep in it.. I've read somewhere that the shrimp will stop breeding if the tank is over populated, which can happen easily in a small tank like this..

15ish maybe and i dont check the temp in it. They haven't been in it all that long maybe 2 months so once they settle in more im sure they will kick off, but yellow cherries can be pains to get breeding some times 

• Like 1