best shrimp for eating bba?

waffle

What've people found is the most enthusiastic black-beard-algae-eating native shrimp?

My paratya eat it, but prefer other stuff. And I don't like them to get super hungry because they get a bit aggressive!

• Like 1

I don't know, but I'd like to know the answer as well.

I have had tufts of BBA in my tank. They disappeared when I put Darwin Algae shrimp in. I split the males from the females as I cannot handle the girls being berried all the time and the larvae not surviving: I can report that both male and female inhabited tanks have been cleared of my tufts of BBA. I did not have a large amount of BBA, but now I have nothing.

I would just like to add that I bought these guys from Dave at Aquagreen. The girls are very large shrimp.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jayc said:

Nah, BGA is the real devil.

BGA... as in blue-green algae? I've been interested in how to get rid of that for a while. It's just aeration that's meant to get rid of it, isn't it, or is there a better way?

:edit: Just noticed I hijacked the heck out of this thread. Just PM me if you want @jayc.

Edited by Cryptocorynus

I am happy for you to hijack the thread ?

@Cryptocorynus, yes blue green algae.

Aeration might be one method you can try. Antibiotics  Erythromycin   warfare is the most effective I reckon. 

Then again many people have had a lot of success with chemi-pure.