Disciple's tiger tank

Disciple

I have recently rescaped my two footer which i started this wonderful hobby with almost a year ago. It started as a iwagumi scape with shrimp but quickly became a shrimp tank lol. Due to this I decide to redo the tank over the last couple of months.

Currently i have my Oebt colony, blue gene red rili culls and some chamleons. I will be dropping and posting the last of the rili's this weekend and bringing home some additional chamleon. 

Shout-outs to @Ronskitz for this awesome driftwood. @OzShrimp for some of the nice plants. @newbreed for the moss ledges really like them.

I plan on adding a few more plants and mosses but pretty happy with it now.

20150728_213628.thumb.jpg.c0d40aad5a118520150728_214201.thumb.jpg.90772b2d50cb2620150728_214126.thumb.jpg.a7423b828ae07420150728_214131.thumb.jpg.aa48119332a40520150728_215149.thumb.jpg.cdd79476ea4a5120150728_213949.thumb.jpg.220d803aa288cc20150728_213925.thumb.jpg.01b51fddb98e4520150728_214359.thumb.jpg.a2bdbe5bab2154

As always please feel free to give me pointers, advise and critique. 

Cheers.

20150728_213307.jpg

• Like 8

looks good mate! they're such cool shrimp! keep the pics up :lust:

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Looks really nice, will be fantastic when the plants grow a bit more. Love the OEBT.

• Like 1

looks good mate! they're such cool shrimp! keep the pics up :lust:

Created this just for you Buck lol Thanks man

Looks really nice, will be fantastic when the plants grow a bit more. Love the OEBT.

Thanks Ineke

Yeah I am going to get some more us fissidens and tie it around some parts of the driftwood. Got some trident fern I purchased off a member ages ago that I want to tie on it too. Maybe some more lava rock to create more hiding places too.

• Like 1

Looks good Disciple.

What are the two glass cylinders that are on the ground in the middle of the tank?

Thanks Jackson

They are oxydators.

BTW i sent you a pm

Edited by Disciple

Hey mate,

Just a curious question. How come your water is still cloudy and you already put in the shrimp?

Thanks Jackson

They are oxydators.

BTW i sent you a pm

thanks Disciple,

I haven't received a PM in my inbox, I'm not sure if that's because I'm a new member or not?

Hey mate,

Just a curious question. How come your water is still cloudy and you already put in the shrimp?

Hello SD,

How have you been? 

I was just moving plants around and I didnt take the shrimp out.

thanks Disciple,

I haven't received a PM in my inbox, I'm not sure if that's because I'm a new member or not?

Whoops sorry man I wrote the message but I guess i didnt send lol

Hello SD,

How have you been? 

I was just moving plants around and I didnt take the shrimp out.

I'm good but was really busy flying around recently.

Moving plant and not taking out the shrimp? That's a very risky move. :dizzy:

Edited by Shrimpy Daddy

I'm good but was really busy flying around recently.

Moving plant and not taking out the shrimp? That's a very risky move. :dizzy:

:innocent:In hindsight I should have removed all the shrimp. I didn't really think about it properly and did not expect how cloudy I would make the water. It is still a bit cloudy in there this morning.

Nice job D. The driftwood has some really nice shapes to it and I like the layout. The moss ledges look really good and now that I have seen yours I think I will be ordering some myself.

Your OEBT's are sensational, I really look forward to hitting you up for some when you have them breeding well enough. Nice photos too and I really like the 5th photo and the last photo of the OEBT really highlight the orange eyes. j

Cheers @Callan

Thanks for the compliments. 

My precious OEBT'S i dont thinks I'll be selling any unless my tank starts to overflow with them lol :high:

Great shrimp mate, well done. 

Thanks mate. Really appreciate it.

The orange eyes against the dark body looks awesome! Perhaps I'll get good at my shrimp keeping skills enough one day to keep these. :-)

The orange eyes against the dark body looks awesome! Perhaps I'll get good at my shrimp keeping skills enough one day to keep these. :-)

Yeah that's why I always wanted some.

If I can do it anyone can. :bouaaaaah:

• 1 month later...

My colony is finally starting to recover and grow. Many of the shrimplets have become juvies and young adults. Looking forward for them to start breeding.

Is it just me or do OEBT'S seem to grow slower and take longer to mature?

Anyways enjoy the pictures. Currently NFS.

20150908_214436.thumb.jpg.269c64f1e2285720150908_220233.thumb.jpg.755fce2782923920150908_214755.thumb.jpg.2b56cb67743ccb20150908_214723.thumb.jpg.afff8d3b13e81f20150908_214215.thumb.jpg.e9ed988b2b1f5820150908_213941.thumb.jpg.e46ad8820d111820150908_214122.thumb.jpg.56fca64707b9fd

20150908_214723.jpg

• Like 2

some of those eyes look like they are glowing. love it!! i want some... they almost look evil.

If you want some people when i was buying people were selling mid grade ones for 50 to 100 for each juvie

Also mid grade pairs were going for 200 to 300.

I am sure there are sellers out there.

What an awesome tank! Love the plant with the little leafs how you put it in there, very nice.

Thanks Shrimpmaster. Really appreciate it!

• 1 month later...

My personal favourite tank.

It is also going through a population boom haha. Last count 8 berried females there maybe be a few more. I cant wait to see all the shrimplets.

Getting closer to the mega colony goal.

20151027_220807.thumb.jpg.d0054a0866c9ff20151027_220835.thumb.jpg.521a6a3aa4e01b20151027_220823.thumb.jpg.dd03306cdd582120151027_220742.thumb.jpg.73bec4646f5b9a20151027_220800.thumb.jpg.af65ab0ab27f4220151027_220720.thumb.jpg.e4fe26fffe924d20151027_220729.thumb.jpg.b5e7cb25be240120151027_220705.thumb.jpg.9b7575bcc58e8820151027_220624.thumb.jpg.c7bd0ac6dac76a

20151027_220823.jpg

• Like 4