Breeding Endlers

NoGi

So what's the optimum conditions for them? They cohabit my cherry and native shrimp tank and I don't use a heater so atm the water temp is around 18-19 degrees, in summer closer to around 26 degrees. My shrimp do fine and thrive but what impact is this having to the endlers?

I have mine in an unheated tank also. I believe the ph is between 7 and 7.5. I just used tap water and treat it with prime

My endlers are doing well and breeding well

• 9 months later...

I had mine outside in large plastic tubs up until a few weeks ago, so they can definitely take the cold (although to what extent I'm not sure - I don't really want to try!). I've found when keeping my endlers with shrimp (I keep some endlers I have inside with cherry shrimp) that they eat the small shrimp as soon as they are free-swimming. I've found this as an issue, especially if there aren't many shrimp in there to begin with as the survival rate of young is virtually nought while you still have shrimp dying off every now and again from sickness, etc. so the numbers in your colony begin to dive faster than you might be aware. I had a lot of Blue Dreams in with some endlers and after a few months I had only four adult shrimp left and none younger than that due to the exact situation I just said.