My CRS colony

Disciple

I have always been inpired by other members crs colonies and i feel like my own colony has finally started to follow in the foot steps of members like @ineke @newbreed and @Jenbenwren.

Over the last month i have had a few berried females hatch their eggs. Now i have roughly 30+ shrimplets between 2-4 weeks old. Some of the females have also reberried. So i wanted to share some pics to help inspire some others.

20150712_203814.thumb.jpg.3dbccf365ff24720150712_203919.thumb.jpg.069bea21f22c0d20150720_221005.thumb.jpg.3a695ff5487a8b

• Like 7

Looking good Disciple.

Are you feeding them Astaxanthin yet?

Edited by jayc

That's awesome to see Disciple, Congratulations!!!

Looking great @Disciple keep up the good work mate.

Thanks Larry i will try.

Looking good Disciple.

Are you feeding them Astaxanthin yet?

Thanks Jayc. No i havent its still in the unopened packet lol.:dark_mood:no excuses just being plain lazy about creating my own version of shrimp kandy feast lol. Will get on to it.

That's awesome to see Disciple, Congratulations!!!

Thanks Jen, Pics of your colony inspired me 6 or so months ago to get mine right. I have been slowly getting the wp correct and its finally starting to show.

How is your CRS going havent seen a update for awhile.

• Like 1

Thanks Jayc. No i havent its still in the unopened packet lol.:dark_mood:no excuses just being plain lazy about creating my own version of shrimp kandy feast lol. Will get on to it.

:blank-stare:

Get off your *** and feed it to them already.

Once you see how much they like it, you'll wonder why it took you so long.

Edited by jayc
  • Like 1

:blank-stare:

Get off your *** and feed it to them already.

Once you see how much they like it, you'll wonder why it took you so long.

:brb:I will

Just wondering can I feed it directly into the tank?

Just wondering can I feed it directly into the tank?

It's not the best and most economical way of feeding Asta.

As you know it's expensive. Feeding it loose, directly into the tank will mean a lot is lost into the filter or between the cracks of the substrate. Go ahead, if you still want to do that. But minimise wastage by premixing in tank water and use a syringe/pipette to squirt it directly onto moss.

That's why I created Shrimp Kandy Feast. 

I can feed fine powdered (expensive) ingredients with out fouling the water and minimises wastage.

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Congratulations they are looking good! If your experience ends up like mine your tank will be over populated in no time. It seems that once they start breeding they go crazy for a while. Mine only stop in the middle of winter then get going again.

Congratulations they are looking good! If your experience ends up like mine your tank will be over populated in no time. It seems that once they start breeding they go crazy for a while. Mine only stop in the middle of winter then get going again.

Thanks Ineke,

I cant wait to be over populated! lol

It's not the best and most economical way of feeding Asta.

As you know it's expensive. Feeding it loose, directly into the tank will mean a lot is lost into the filter or between the cracks of the substrate. Go ahead, if you still want to do that. But minimise wastage by premixing in tank water and use a syringe/pipette to squirt it directly onto moss.

That's why I created Shrimp Kandy Feast. 

I can feed fine powdered (expensive) ingredients with out fouling the water and minimises wastage.

Fair enough.

I'll make my own version of SKFeast lol instead of wasting the Asta.

looking good dude! keep the pics flowing :lust:

Edited by buck

Thanks @buck

Just for you. 

20150720_221042-1.thumb.jpg.936d55d26242

20150720_215934-1.jpg

Whoops. Was going to put this up in my other thread. What grade would these two be?

Edited by Disciple

Very nice and solid shrimps Disciple!!!

Thanks man 

Awesome work Basri!! As Ineke said, once they start they just keep on keeping on!! 

Its ts great seeing all the shrimplets roaming about and seeing different generations sharing a meal! Enjoy!! 30+ already, will be over 100 before you know it!! Congrats!!

• Like 1

Awesome work Basri!! As Ineke said, once they start they just keep on keeping on!! 

Its ts great seeing all the shrimplets roaming about and seeing different generations sharing a meal! Enjoy!! 30+ already, will be over 100 before you know it!! Congrats!!

Thanks Jamie very much appreciated,

It has been one of my shrimpy dreams to have a section full of CRS and I am extremely happy I am getting there. I still have a long way before I get close you yourself and Ineke. Thanks for the inspiration!

Have a little race with @wot_fan about getting to 100 first so fingers crossed I maybe in the lead... :dizzy:

• Like 3

20150720_215934-1.jpg

Whoops. Was going to put this up in my other thread. What grade would these two be?

dream grade:miao: lol man im so jelly OEBT are one of my faves youll need to do a thread on them in there section so you can spam us with pics

• Like 1

dream grade:miao: lol man im so jelly OEBT are one of my faves youll need to do a thread on them in there section so you can spam us with pics

:morequestions:dream grade? never heard of that one before... lol

Yeah I have slowly doing a rescape on their tank but I haven't finish cause I end up shrimp staring too much. Once this is done I take some pictures of my favourites and make a tiger appreciation thread so other members can show their tigers.

• Like 1

there really isn’t enough pics of OEBT on this forum, I’ve seen a video on youtube of them and they look so freaking cool! almost evil haha are you keeping them in different water parameters then the tb and crs?

there really isn’t enough pics of OEBT on this forum, I’ve seen a video on youtube of them and they look so freaking cool! almost evil haha are you keeping them in different water parameters then the tb and crs?

yeah I keep these guys at 6.8 to 7 ph. TDS was suppose to be 200 but a month ago I put some stuff in and it made it got up to 320 lol I have got it down to 260. Still a work in progress but they are finally looking happy again.

• Like 1

Thanks Jen, Pics of your colony inspired me 6 or so months ago to get mine right. I have been slowly getting the wp correct and its finally starting to show.

How is your CRS going havent seen a update for awhile.

Oh wow. That is a huge compliment. Thank you Disciple.

Unfortunately my tanks aren't going so well due to disease outbreaks in my tanks. I've lost all of my TBs except 1 BB juvie, 97% of my Mischlings & about 95% of my RCS to a mix of external bacterial disease, fungi, possible parasites & toxins.

Our CRS colony got hit at the same time by an internal bacterial infection & something that looked like Porcelin Disease as well & we've lost at least 80% of them.

Our surviving CRS are living in a plastic tub while I set up a new sterilized tank for them.

Our RCS are in the hospital cube (sterilized before they moved in) while I sterilize their tank & filters and reset their tank.

Our little BB & surviving 14 Mischys, have moved out of their hospital cube & into the old CRS tank, which I sterilized and reset. They all look healthy now thankfully

Oh wow. That is a huge compliment. Thank you Disciple.

Unfortunately my tanks aren't going so well due to disease outbreaks in my tanks. I've lost all of my TBs except 1 BB juvie, 97% of my Mischlings & about 95% of my RCS to a mix of external bacterial disease, fungi, possible parasites & toxins.

Our CRS colony got hit at the same time by an internal bacterial infection & something that looked like Porcelin Disease as well & we've lost at least 80% of them.

Our surviving CRS are living in a plastic tub while I set up a new sterilized tank for them.

Our RCS are in the hospital cube (sterilized before they moved in) while I sterilize their tank & filters and reset their tank.

Our little BB & surviving 14 Mischys, have moved out of their hospital cube & into the old CRS tank, which I sterilized and reset. They all look healthy now thankfully

This is terrible news

I really don't know what to say. I guess first of all I am glad u have not given up. I wish you all the best with your recovery.

Shoot me a pm i have few more recently berried crs. Once they hatch i would be more then happy to send you some Crs.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.

All the shrimplets have matured and the tank is looking nice and full these days.

20150809_185956.thumb.jpg.f848c72a3eb62020150809_190027.thumb.jpg.0060d8d4b1ce5b

• Like 3