my little shrimp room

anthonyd

Here is a video of my little shrimp room.

Still work in progress, i have added 3 more tanks since then, fingers crossed  i will have 2 full racks up and running by the end of the year....

Hope you enjoy

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

I added a few tanks to my little set using different types of filter, i m quiet impressed by how fast the ugf managed to clear the water.1447073091444.thumb.jpg.e3bc9a2e2ddf4873

20151101_165913.thumb.jpg.70a0a39824efdd20151104_094531.thumb.jpg.ac22715778fe69

• Like 2

It is quiet popular in asia, it creates a huge filtration box with different filtration medias.

I m waiting on the female twb gp i added in the tank to release the eggs to judge on the filtration...

It is quiet popular in asia, it creates a huge filtration box with different filtration medias.

I m waiting on the female twb gp i added in the tank to release the eggs to judge on the filtration...

Yeah i know UGF is quite popular, but never seen it done how you got it. When i first started this hobby almost 10years ago i had a ugf setup :D

• 5 months later...

Havent posted for a while but but have been breeding a lot and did some work in the shrip room to had a second rack.

Here are some pictures of the results of my crossbreeding projects.

P1050779.jpgP1060280.jpgP1060135.jpgP1060169.jpgP1040625.jpgP1040189.jpg

Some pictures of my crs and Prl

P1060317.jpg

P1060350.jpg

P1060471.jpg

• Like 6

Always nice to see pics of great shrimp. Thanks for sharing.

come back more often haha.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, anthonyd said:

P1040625.jpg

green eggs and ham! thats a nice BB!

Edited by Foxpuppet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxpuppet said:

Thank you guys.

It is not a blue bolt, it is a taitibee. When you are crossbreeding it is important to remember the genetics behing each shrimp.

As an example the shrimp in the next 3 pictures are not twb.

P1060409.jpg

P1060820.jpg

P1050870.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, anthonyd said:

Some pictures of my tigers

P1050495.jpg

P1050687.jpg

P1060220.jpg

Tigers have to be one of my favourites.

Thanks for giving us some insight into the shrimp keeping hobby over in Europe. I see your location is Cork. Are there a lot of shrimp keepers in your area? 

I agree, tigers are a beautifull type of shrimp. I m hoping to get more wild type ones.

Shrimp keeping is not very developped in Ireland, people still view yhe crs are very difficult shrimp.

Sadly i m forced to cull a lot of my shrimp as nobody wants them. That iwas more than a thousand shrimp last year...

Whats the siZe of the tank in that first photo? Id kinda the size im looking for atm?

They are cool looking shrimp Anthony done a great job with them. I agree with shrimp not being a big thing yet in cork. I'm in the cork area too only have neos at the moment but have tanks for another rack once I get time to set it all up

Paudie

• Like 1

It is 400 x 400 x 300 high optiwhite. Should have made it 400 x 500 x 300 high. When my new rack is finished all the the tanks  will be 600 x 300 x300 high, the 300 x 300 side being the front.

• Like 1

Yes by me but the glass in Ireland is rather expensive in Ireland that nowadays i try to find broken tanks, take them apart, get the glazier to cut to the size i need and polish the edges, usually for free, and put it back together. It is pretty simple, at the end of the day  a tank is only glass and silicone !  

• Like 1

That sucks about the prices. Atleast ur working around it, to be sure to be sure ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, anthonyd said:

I agree, tigers are a beautifull type of shrimp. I m hoping to get more wild type ones.

Shrimp keeping is not very developped in Ireland, people still view yhe crs are very difficult shrimp.

Sadly i m forced to cull a lot of my shrimp as nobody wants them. That iwas more than a thousand shrimp last year...

It is a shame you can not sell your shrimp as I am quite sure even though you cull them they would still be good quality.

I guess it goes to show why you have such nice looking shrimp. I hope interest in shrimp picks up in Ireland.

How did you pick up the hobby?

On 30/04/2016 at 5:22 AM, anthonyd said:

Some pictures of my tigers

Those are looking awesome!

I really hope you find more takers for your excess shrimp. If shrimp-keeping does have a boom in Ireland in the near future you're well placed to get some profit and expand!

I m not planning on making profit, i usually sell enough crs to shops for the upkeep of the rest of the shrimps. I have no problem culling bad shrimps, there are too many crap being sold in Europe, itis scary.

No planning on expending either, going back to college in september and will have a desk in the shrimproom instead of a third rack. Had to sell 25 tanks 2-3 ago after i had to put on hold the building of a shrimphouse.

I started the hobby when my son decided to get a goldfish lol, moved on quickly to planted tank and shrimps. Now my little daughter wants a fish tank and it wont be a goldfish this time !

• Like 2