Possible Planaria and going away

larrymull

Hi Guys,

I have attached this photo taken from another SKF forum member but these are exactly what I have in my 23l fluval edge with YCS. A couple of questions:-

1. Can you confirm it is in fact planaria?

2. I am going away on Monday for 3 weeks. If I cannot dose parasite clear before that will I have any problem removing them in 3 weeks time?

3. Will there be any side effects waiting this long to dose?

Cheers

LM.

post-1428-0-88849800-1430353918_thumb.jp

post-1428-0-88849800-1430353918_thumb.jp

1. Confirm this is planaria.

2. Additives such as parasite clear should kill all planaria if dosed correctly, regardless of the number of planaria.

3. The only side effect that I envisage is that the number of planaria may increase. (Depending on the number of planaria that are in the tank now). However if the tank is being fed less than normal whilst you are away, the number of planaria may actually decrease. The number of planaria is important because if they are great in number, killing them all at once could result in an ammonia spike as they decompose. However assuming your tank is well cycled and you are only seeing a few planaria, this is unlikely to be a problem for you.

• Like 1

@fishmosy yep at the moment there aren't too many and whilst i'm away they will be feeding only on IAL and Mulberry leaves, plus bio film.