Clicky

smicko

sharni's guppy project

smicko

Hi all, my eldest daughter loves guppies and has been breeding them on and off for years.

She is on a mission to create her own type, no one knows what it will look like or be called yet, not even her but when she sees a different looking guppy that stands out the next step will be getting them to breed true.

The tank so far has a few of slins project guppies, high dorsal blue endlers, gold tiger endlers, red chilli endlers and other assorted guppies.

The nicest one I've seen is a high dorsal snakeskin chilli endler but that's not what she's after. I guess only time will tell what comes of this project.

In the meantime here is some progress pics.

Cheers mick DSC_0029_zpstsnudtkm.jpgDSC_0028_zpshcagclah.jpgDSC_0030_zpsrszqmriq.jpgDSC_0085_zpsgpc7tqrb.jpg

Edited by smicko
  • Like 2

smicko
DSC_0061_zpsvencbb6m.jpgDSC_0056_zpsk2ukj9op.jpgDSC_0048_zpsfixambfs.jpgDSC_0045_zpsg1zqtllx.jpg Edited by smicko
  • Like 1

Squiggle

Definitely some very cool potential in there dude, I like the extended lyretail black bar in the fifth pic, well done! :jig:

smicko

Yeah that one is coming out on the weekend to go in with a high dorsal tiger female, i can't wait to see the results.

Cheers mick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• ineke
      Unfortunately unless we can get at the black shrimp and cull everything else constantly we will always end up with a few blues etc. I tried for sometime to get just blacks but I think it must stem back from when the blacks were first being bred here and nearly always kept with chocolates. Even back in my 2013 colony that i got from Dean there were blacks and chocolates together. The blues didn't start turning up straightaway but even with culling I ended up with all 4 colours. i know many people have the same issue when trying to breed the blue diamonds- blue from black -they have to cull hard and constantly and truthfully I don't think any or at least only a few have a large colony of blue diamonds that breed 100% true.  You need to try and find a few blacks that don't show the deep blue - try putting them in a white container near a light source - you will see the blue/black colour more readily -if you are lucky enough to get a trio of true black without the blue base you might get started -good luck!
    • jayc
      That is less than 5%, so that should be safe. But maybe change it over every 3 days. Or every week, if you want to be safer.
    • Baccus
      Thank you for the imput Ineke. I too started with a mix of chocolate and black, nearly lost the lot thanks to an invasion of dragonfly caddis's and I ended up putting the few survivors into my 1000L pond. Months later I found chocolates in the pond and got interested in trying to get a good tank of them again. I swear my black cherry shrimp tank is determined to do my head in...….Almost every shrimp in there now is either blue (and practically all the shrimplets are blue) or a very definant blue/black. And the 4ft where I put all the dark chocolates are now producing lots of blacks. I know its an odd thing to complain about, getting too many blues, but come on I really loved the glossy all black cherry's. Oh and on a side note. In the dedicated Blue cherry tank I am getting deep blues, clear blues (diamonds?) and apparently for good measure blue rilli. And there is no way the shrimp can get between the tanks because no swapping around of plants has occurred and the tanks are a good 2-3m apart over a concrete floor.
    • nicpapa
      What parameter are you keep taiwans tibees?   What tds you get wiht salty shrimp mineral? And what gh? 1 have 3 same tanks 100liters, same setups. In one there are tibbe and taiwan,  i get them months ago, dont loose anyone. They breed but i dont have babies... I saw one baby  with  molting problem dead. In the other tanks there are crs cbs , they breed like crazy and i have lot o babies, the survation of babies is very good.   My water is 128 tds ppm , it raised to 140 because of the fans. Gh measure 5 (jbl) kh 0 ( api) ph 6.4 (api) Mineral salty shrimp gh + Substrate akadama       Also another tank, wiht hybrids, same water , same substrate, f1 taiwan x crs , taiwan x tangerine tigers babies grow fast.... Babies survive also is very good.   I think i try to lower the gh to 4 ...
    • pastu
      I would change 10 l a week with pure ro