What additives do i need?

OzShrimp

Someone help me out, what other additives should i buy which are necessity to maintain a healthy shrimp tank?

If you could kindly tell me what it is, what its for and where i can buy it + Price.

Now i got RO water i wanna invest in the other stuff i dont have slowly so i can eventually move into the harder shrimp eventually

• HOF Member

I use weekly bee max powder , ,benibachi mineral powder and Genchem Beta-G. Water change days I use Salty shrimp GH + and that's been my regime for 18 months since starting on RO. I use the same for all types of shrimp now - I used to use GH/ KH for the cherries but just use the GH + to make it easier. I have few losses considering the number of shrimp I have and most of my losses are the older shrimp I have had since I first started so they must be 2 years and older. Hope that helps

how much did you pay for them and where abouts you get them ? 

Dude,

I'm selling some Calcium sulphate in the classifieds. Grab a pack. 200gm will last for quite a while.

Pick up some Magnesium sulphate (Epsom Salts) and you have the two most important minerals.

Even Salty shrimp GH+ is made up predominantly from Calcium and Magnesium.

Mineral powder & Bee Max are the best two, there are plenty of others but those two are the most important. Mineral powder replaces essential trace elements & Bee Max is a bacterium booster, for health, growth, immunity & moulting. They are both relatively cheap for a good supply that will last a while(link below) :thumbsu:

Calcium & Magnesium are also great to have to make sure you have you ratio right &, as @jayc said, they are the most important minerals for shrimp, definitely good to have a supply for topping up the Ca:Mg. :D

http://www.bossaquaria.com.au/brands/Benibachi.html

• HOF Member

Squiggs sells the mineral powder, bee max and salty shrimp. The Genchem products are now available from either The TechDen or AOA, can't remember which one.

Mineral powder & Bee Max are the best two, there are plenty of others but those two are the most important. Mineral powder replaces essential trace elements & Bee Max is a bacterium booster, for health, growth, immunity & moulting. They are both relatively cheap for a good supply that will last a while(link below) :thumbsu:

Calcium & Magnesium are also great to have to make sure you have you ratio right &, as @jayc said, they are the most important minerals for shrimp, definitely good to have a supply for topping up the Ca:Mg. :D

http://www.bossaquaria.com.au/brands/Benibachi.html

Squiggs how long would 30g of bee max last if dosing a 4ftr? 

I'm not sure about the 30g but I just finished a 100g & that lasted about 6mths using it on 30 tanks once a week(I used about half the recommended dose though :D) At a guess I'd say you would get about 6mths out of it using it once a week & you'd definitely get way more than that with the mineral powder. :thumbsu:

Just remember to store the Bee Max in the fridge. :jig:

• 10 months later...

Just do a light sprinkle under the substrate & then use the rest as a weekly food additive. :thumbsu: