Tigers in Queensland?

Baccus

Now that I have you attention :)

This maybe a really dumb question, but I was wondering are tiger shrimp as fussy as crystals to water temp? I know because I don't have chillers and ways of keeping my tanks cool, that crystal shrimp and all their varients are out for me. But I was sort of hoping that if tigers are a bit more forgiving like cherry shrimp, then I could try my hand at them.

Personally i find that keeping tiger shrimps is pretty much the exact same as CRS. They are very active and fun to watch. Currenty im keeping them in ph of 7.2 and they are doing fne with no heaters or chillers

Have mine in a few dif tanks some ph of 6.4 all the way up to 7.8 have fond best results for me have been at about 6.8to 7.Found they are more active but no more fussy than crystals

+1, reckon tiger's are as easy as CRS.....espacially now that they are several generations here..

I'm putting some up for sale now if you're interested....

The trouble is your all saying that crystal reds are easy, which sadly for me they where not :( I am pretty sure it was my summer that was their down fall or it could have been my water in general since it is tap water with just chlorine and chloramine remover added, no shrimp minerals or all the other stuff you guys use.

Maybe I will have to just prefect the breeding of my various natives, some of them I am finding easy to breed but that could just be because they are Darwin locals and tolerate the temps better.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Baccus on the gold coast my water is soft I use river sand in some tanks shrimp soil in others don't add any minerals except a small amount of shell grit in a box filter and use a 1 micron sediment and a 0.4 micron carbon water filter from my tap to remove all un wanted chems from water.Apart from that the room is aircon 24/7 at 24 deg.I do a 1/3 water change weekly add IAL and give a varied diet.Hope this helps you a bit.

Thanks for the info Daydream, but all my tanks are in the car shed, a 7x7 all aluminium deal that only cools down via the whirly gig on the roof and the rear roller door which is usually open part way for the dog who likes to sleep in the shed.

Even my house is not fully airconditioned and the rooms that are the aircon is only on when we are home. One of the aircons is also on a tariff where it turns off between 5pm-9pm each day.