new cull machine number 1

smicko

Hi all, I lost my cull tank to my daughters new interest in endlers, probably jays fault lol.

So I bought 2 cull machines I can't get a pic on photobucket yet of the second one but I showed Gbang a pic the other day.

So this is cull machine 1, a 3.5cm barramundi, so cute DSC_0121_zpsic9eeici.jpg

Swap ya lol.

That was the plan for the the 10ft round by4ft deep pond I had until it got a hole.

What size is he, they are an awesome fish.

Cheers mick

yeah, my favorite, his/her name is Dozer,80cm atm, in a 6x3x2 but have a 3mx2mx75cm high pond that i hope to put it in soon.

Awesome, that will free up the tank for a pair of rays or an awesome Tanganyika display.

Cheers mick

Nice little barra, I have been tempted to get a barra myself for all the excess guppies I have, but I keep remembering a friend of mines barra that choked to death on a mealworm of all things.

Nice Red Tail Cat too, I didn't think they where on the allowed list tho.

I have my own much smaller shrimp cull machines as well

P1040427_zps516b6f57.jpg

They also eat the odd snail too which is a bonus

They are Desert Gobies, where I got them I am not sure if that company can be named but it has the words Live + Fish in its title.

They are beautiful fish, total gluttons and generally very aware of what if going on outside of their tank.

Also available in the trade are Finke River Gobies which are closely related, but I got mine from another company to the first one mentioned.

No that company can't be named.

Are you attempting to breed them at all.

Cheers mick

I am hoping that they will breed, but I suspect I might need a second male to encourage them to stake out a territory and display to the lovely passing ladies.