API ammo-lock is safe for CRS,CBS, cherry shrimp

poeticwinter

I'd avoid adding any of these type of product in a shrimp aquarium. Maintaining WQ by WC, good level of TDS, and adding minerals etc is the best option. Shrimps need clean, and good water quality.

will do, i do water changes 3 times yesterday as the ammonia spike 0.25. thanks bb hope you have nice holiday :)

I'd avoid adding any of these type of product in a shrimp aquarium. Maintaining WQ by WC, good level of TDS, and adding minerals etc is the best option. Shrimps need clean, and good water quality.

+1 to BB. As shrimps don't have kidneys, their ability to neutralize harmful substance is at very low level.

That's why most buffers which do no harm to fish may harm shrimps.

Once any toxic substance enters the tank, then you might even have to reset the tank :sour:

I was unaware shrimp lack a renal/excretory system...

I'd avoid using it if at all possible. I lost a whole lot of DAS once from a water conditioner that seems completely safe for fish. Not sure it was the ammo-locking component that did it or the stress coat or just the general fact it was a reducing agent.

thanks all :) means this product is no good for shrimp. wouldnt risk your shrimp health :D Doing Water changes is best :encouragement: