Clicky

KillieOrCory

Pure Tigers

KillieOrCory

As my room is coming together, I've started to think about the shrimp I'd like to have once I have a ton of tanks to play with. Already made a few purchases :victorious:

A definite must have for me is Tiger shrimp. I'd like to have pure colonies (eventually) of OEBT and blond tigers; plus any other tigers that might be out there.

This made me think with the current interest in Tibee's are there many people actually keeping pure populations of tigers? Or are we without realizing crossing all the tigers with bees? (I know BB has pure colonies but not sure of anybody else)

When it is time to get some tigers I am going to be searching for pure Tigers that have not been kept with bees.

How many of the people out there keeping Tiger's separate?

KiwiBigD

Its the only way to go mate, we've got Tigers in with a couple of CRS Mishling and a Ruby Red Girl, once they've berried they get moved into one of the spare tanks.

This is the only time we've got mixed shrimps, its the only way to keep track of who is producing what, we do the same with our Mishling girls, once they're berried they're moved so when they drop we can separate out the TBMs and the resulting mischlings, otherwise we'ld be running another 12 tanks and having just seen the powerbill that ain't happening!

michael

My colonies are only small but i have 3 tanks for my tigers each with seperate colonies of

Orange eyed blue tigers

Orange eyed blonde tigers

Normal blonde tigers

Im also thinking about setting up another tank for a lighter colour orange eyed blue tiger colour

KillieOrCory

Thanks guys I feel a lot better now. I think I am also going to have 4 tanks or so just for the tigers :)

durro68

I am keeping my tigers separate as well.

Raf in CBR

SOrry to bring up an old post, but is anyone still doing this? I have the same questions as KiilieOrCory and the same plan, to breed pure type tigers. 

My fear is that all the Super Tigers and others are really hybrids that look like the wildtype. Would love to hear your thoughts 5 years after this thread was first posted.

Cheers

Raf in Canberra

Disciple

I keep a tank of oebts pure.

jayc
32 minutes ago, Disciple said:

Good to see you back @Disciple

Disciple
1 hour ago, jayc said:

Good to see you back @Disciple

Just a short holiday. How you going bro?

jayc
4 hours ago, Disciple said:

How you going bro?

I'm well thank you.

Just hanging around. Tanks are doing well and everything is under control.

• Like 1

Raf in CBR
On 14/04/2018 at 4:32 PM, Disciple said:

Cool. Thanks for the reply. 

Can I ask a few questions?

How deep is the blue?

What kind of variation do you get in Blue in your tank? People tell me they get blonde to dark blue in their lines.  Is this normal?

Do you sell them? Im interested in keeping a pure strain. 

I've got got heeeeps more questions....

inverted

I keep a tank of pure tigers as well. I think most people keep them separate. Caridina Mariae like serrata are a good foundation for cross projects so always useful.

Disciple
On 17/04/2018 at 8:31 PM, Raf in CBR said:

Cool. Thanks for the reply. 

Can I ask a few questions?

How deep is the blue? Some are solid blue they look black some are blonde.

What kind of variation do you get in Blue in your tank? People tell me they get blonde to dark blue in their lines.  Is this normal? Yes there is a huge variation but there are people trying to breed them true. I just keep a mixed tank.

Do you sell them? Im interested in keeping a pure strain. Yes i do

I've got got heeeeps more questions....