Wahhhhhhh my peppermint pleco just died

blackcat

So I bought a peppermint plwco and when the seller was catching it (I didnt realize at the time) he squashed the poor little ones front fin off. I thought he would be ok and dosed the tank with a dose of pre to I promote it to heal... and he died yesterday I found him today :-( so sad ... $15 gone and a little life wasted ... sorry judt had to share .... I dont know of any other breeders around Melbourne and im reluctant to go back to him.

• HOF Member

Awe so sad. It is easy to do though, I was catching some baby G.U.P.P.I.E.S and I squashed one with the net even though I was trying to be careful. Worst part was my little grand daughter saw me do it. I would speak to the breeder.

Yea talk to the breeder mate, very easy to do, most will be easy to get along with and will sort it out in this situation.

If you don't do any good pm me and ill ask a

mate who does also does peps and alot of l#'s to see if he can give me a breeder down your way to get some off.

There seems to be quite a few pep breeders up here, id be suprised if there werent a number down your way also :)

Well I followed you r advice and contactwd him .... he at. First wanted me to bring the corpse to him ... I had already disposed of the wee lil one ... in the end he is giving me a rwplacement on Wednesday. .. :) thanks for all the well wishes ..... he is the center of my " spot the pep" game that I play before bed and in the morning as he resided in my bedside lamp tamk

• HOF Member

Tempt him with cucumber my BN' s couldn't resist it as soon as it was in the tank they were there