Clicky

Sign in to follow this  
Garnelchen

So my Endlers just had their first fry....

Garnelchen
Wow i did not realise that the endlers werent guppies i spose i just assumed :)

Endlers and guppies are very closly related. So they are kind of another guppy species, I guess.

Normal wild guppies and endlers look very similar.

Well done with your photography, Ebhan. I never manage to take a decent picture of my endlers. They are just too fast.

Squiggle

Very cool pic dude, looking awesome! :encouragement: Yeah guppy's & endlers are different species, although they are in the same family they are a different species, guppy's are Poecilia Reticulata & endlers are Poecilia Wingei :victorious:

newbreed
I have also received the gift of your endlers squiggle post-1108-139909855709_thumb.jpg

was kindly offered some blonde endlers which are from your breeding stock.. and they are doing very well

Beautiful specimen there and great work on the photography. I could never get a decent shot of my guppies, I know these are Endler, they move around so much!!

The color morphs you can get in these guys is astounding. Like shrimp, it truly never ends!!

Garnelchen
.... it truly never ends!!

Maybe we should rename them to "never-endlers" :smiley_simmons:

(Gee...my jokes are as bad as BB's)

newbreed
:smiley_simmons:

Pretty close to BB joke Garnie!! But still REALLY good!! Nice one! :)

Squiggle
Maybe we should rename them to "never-endlers" :smiley_simmons:

Oh dear! *shakes head* that's so bad it's funny! :encouragement:

Wraithie

I like it!

Tell us your tricks to get photos of them, i have a couple of variants i've wanted to photograph

Ebhan

The camera did all the work. I have a nice dslr, I simply went with manual focus and a quick shutter speed so that was as soon as I have them in focus a quick snap and I have it. Have to have the lights right up on the tank though or else they just come out too dark. I have some other cool snaps of these guys and my black bar endlers but the file sizes are just a little to big :(

Wraithie

Garnie, my pink girl looked like a balloon about to explode the other day (oh it looked painful) last night i couldnt recognise her as she was soo thin, managed to put 8 fry into a breeder net (i think this is her 4th set since i got her). This way i hope to get a better yield since Squig's blue betta cant eat them ;)

Squiggle

Nice work Wraithie, they'll definitely have a better chance without the danger of the hungry hungry betta :encouragement:

Garnelchen
Garnie' date=' my pink girl looked like a balloon about to explode the other day (oh it looked painful) last night i couldnt recognise her as she was soo thin, managed to put 8 fry into a breeder net (i think this is her 4th set since i got her). This way i hope to get a better yield since Squig's blue betta cant eat them ;)[/quote']

Oh the poor thing! :dejection:

Hope the 8 fry will do well.

One of my older females also experienced extreme weightloss overnight....but I can't see any young fry in the tank. :confused: Wonder what happened there...or maybe I should have another look WITH my glasses on. :o

Squiggle

Lol, might be worth a try :smiley_simmons: I bet they're hiding up in the trees! :encouragement:

Garnelchen

Nope! No little baby fry. She's eaten them, I bet :mad:

Squiggle

Doh!! :cower:

Wraithie

Some of mine worked out they can fit through the gauze of the breeder net :/

slin1977

Endlers!! I saw this one on another forum, it's a hybrid created by a member there, I think it's the most beautiful Endler I have ever seen :encouragement: I'm trying to get some off him but I don't think they are breeding true yet :dejection:

image-74_zpsed250acd.jpg

Here is what I think.... Moscow male guppy x tiger endler with black bar gene. Easy !!! :-)

Garnelchen

That is really beautiful! : OOO :

I still love my endlers and wouldn't mind getting some more colour varieties.

But....I need more tanks! :smiley_simmons:

newbreed

Do it Garnie!! More tanks!! More Tanks!!

Garnelchen

Do it Garnie!! More tanks!! More Tanks!!

Oh...ok then!  I'll do it! :D

CNgo2006

Oh...ok then! I'll do it! :D

Thats the SKF spirit, MTS at its best!

Garnelchen

....aaaaaand DONE!

Got some French Blue Star endlers today. (Kind donation of one of my favourite forum members :smile: )

By the way! I have a couple of endler trios , red chili or blonde to give away (just postage price) if anyone is interested.

lodo

You got any pictures of all your endlers?

Would love to see the blue star and red chili's

Garnelchen

I do but they are all on my phone I'll try and upload some later.

The blue stars I've got are still juvis though and haven't coloured up properly yet.

Here is one photo of some of my blondes. (That pic was taken by Ebhan, another forum member)

post-470-0-58115500-1408315753_thumb.jpg