Bacterial Infections of Dwarf Shrimp and Black Spot Disease. Shrimpsider

Dean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for the link, its very interesting and I have already refered to it a couple of times for other people with shrimp issues.

Last year i started losing alot of shrimp because of black spot disease. For me it had to do with water management. I treated it by dropping the temperature in my tank to slow down the bacteria/cyst/colonies that were growing on the exoskeleton of my shrimp then doing lots of water changes, slowly refreshing the system. Its a fast acting bacterial infection that can wipe out a colony of shrimp in less then a month so when you start seeing signs dont think youve got a red wine, treat that crap asap.

Same Shrimp: (typhoons line note:sexy legs)

Healthy

dsc0821c.jpg

Infected shrimp:

dsc0870c.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Robert, Thanks for sharing the info, and pics. The infected shrimp looks very nice though ! Did you manage to save it, and eliminate the bacterial infection ?

Thanks

I had plenty like this, as much as i know about typhoons line of shrimp before he left to go overseas is that mat was the only one with it left in his tanks. Because me and mat are so close to each other he just lets me go and pick whatever shrimp i liked and these guys were real stand outs. The shrimp that me and mat will pick and send to you on monday/tuesday will be of equal quality if not better, the whites are thicker now i think. Same typoons genes. The bacterial infection hasn't shown itself again.